Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I've been a member here since I bought my scoob back in '04 and it's finally time to say goodbye. My girl's still running, ish, but has gotten long in the tooth and has a couple of issues that I don't want to deal with. No, this isn't a midlife crisis...honest. I'd rather it go to a good home, or an enthusiast, rather than just scrapping outright. I already have a replacement car, so I need the car gone fairly asap. And no, I'm not dealing with shipping, out of area, or out of state, unless you come get it promptly. Parts alone are worth the drive, but no, I'm also not parting out. Here's the scoop:

'04 FXT single owner, daily driver, 130k miles, pretty much stock (I'll list the upgrades/changes)
Manual Transmission w/limited slip in rear - drivetrain all good, throw out bearing starting to make a little squeak when cold but otherwise ok
New Continental All Season tires - seriously new
Started upgrading XT fabric seats with full leather from Leatherseats.com (black w/perforated centers, matching grey contrast stitching), only have drivers seat left to do - I have originals, plus the new leather kit
Upgraded the swaybars to Rallitek, big 24mm front and rear, poly bushings
DBA brake rotors front, slotted rears, Hawk HPS pads all around
Added backup camera to tailgate and 2-din JDM top of dash compartment for upper radio mounting - I'm keeping my head unit and amp, speakers stock
Body - Java Black (thats the one with the gold flake in it), some scuffs and scrapes, front bumper paint peeling, hood and roof rail caps faded, has hitch, keeping the roof racks
Webasto sunroof installed by dealer w/purchase in '04
California car - ZERO rust

Engine - here's where I've had issues
TD04 turbo seals blew, replaced with used VF48, finally started making noise after 5 years, just replaced core last month with new one, uprated CNC aluminum impeller, tune has always been stock
New Intake runner between airbox and turbo - pain in the ***, replaced last month
New coil packs and NGK Iridium spark plugs all around, replaced last month - still getting misfire and won't idle smoothly, pulled coil wire on pass side when doing the runner, seems like it needs to have the coil wires fixed
Small fuel leak on top of engine - I think I unseated one of the fuel supply tubes under the intake manifold when I replaced the intake runner, don't have the time or inclination to dig further, fixable
Had oil leak from valve covers, new gaskets all around and re-torqued head bolts while there - no head gasket issues

Look, I absolutely love my Forester. Is it perfect, no, but I love it all the same. It looks like the issues she's having now are fixable, but I just don't have the time or patience to do it right now, I have a BMW 2002 project car, a motorcycle project, plus work and family. Please don't try to do a deal of some kind or make me wait. It is street parked here in San Anselmo, CA and I need to get it moved right now. I'll take $1 just so there's something on the sales form for the DMV, and that's it, no strings attached. Selling it, passing it on, donating it, whatever, as-is. If one of you doesn't want it, I'll have to donate or scrap it.

Oh, and because of the fuel leak, please bring a trailer, I wouldn't want to risk a fire with anyone trying to drive it home.

James
San Anselmo, CA

: UPDATE : She's gone on to a better home...thanks for all the interest and kind words! James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Damn! If I didn’t live on LITERALLY the other side of the country. I was honestly contemplating shipping it but I know you don’t want to deal with that hassle. I’m sure it will find a nice home from somebody on this forum. Good luck!

·
Registered
1999 Impreza RS2.5
5 Posts
Pmed my phone number, I'm definitely interested since I've been looking for a project xt for awhile now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m interested in checking out your Fozzy. Lmk, I’m in South San Francisco and can possibly pick it up Sunday or Monday.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey there my friend. Have you passed this sweet baby along yet? I’m about 6 hours away, in southern Oregon. I’ve got a car hauler and truck at the ready. I’d love to upgrade from my NA ‘99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m in sunset district of Sf and my buddy needs a new subi. I saw there’s a few people ahead of me but let me know! I’m close by. My buddy lives in Oakland.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everybody, thanks for all the interest and offers. I found a nice guy named Marc who has just taken it off my hands. Good luck to Marc and his buddies as they get her back up to a nice daily driver level and, hopefully, enjoy the piss out of it like I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.