Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2003 xt forester
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would post up my trip of fraser island. Pretty much just a cut and paste from offroadsubarus.com so apologies to those that visit both.

Went to Fraser island over christmas. Took a few photos, but not very many, and unfortunately none of the Forester in action as the missus hates taking photos and vids Was a good week, we did around 550km on the island during the week, and around 250km worth of inland tracks and 'minor tracks' (infrequently used). Never got stuck during and week and had a ball.

Heres the few photos that were taken.

Campsite:

·
Registered
2003 xt forester
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

There were some quite rutted out tracks and climbs up hills over roots that we had to do, however no photographic evidence. My brother in the Navara didnt think i would it a few times along the journey, but never had a problem. Definitely thankful i put the lift in and detached the rear sway bar before i went. Made all the difference.

And the beast...

·
Registered
99 S-turbo
28 Posts
I was there this summer. It is a really beutiful place. But we hired an old Land cruiser, like alot of backpackers do. But it was great fun. Good thing that you lifted the car!

·
Registered
2003 xt forester
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The spider isnt very poisonous, just very large. Thats the biggest one of that sort that ive seen.
The rims are just the factory 16" with 215/65/16 Yokohama AT/s tyres on them. Awesome tyres, recommend them alot. They are yet to let me down in the sand.
Glad you enjoyed the pics. Its a shame they cant capture just how beautiful the place is to be there. Ill be going back next year as well to try and see the rest of it, 7 nights just wasn't enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bet you had a blast kicking *** on fraser in the forester. Its funny as when ur skooting all over indian head and waddy point in a little suby and the landtrol drivers are like ***!

Here's a vid of our trip to Fraser in our 03 forester. This was Easter 09 just after cyclone Hamish... so yeah...

youtube.com/watch?v=yku9wNs0PSk

·
Registered
2008 Impreza WRX 4dr
23 Posts
What a beautiful place. I like your Forester also! BTW, that spider is damn scary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What a beautiful place. I like your Forester also! BTW, that spider is damn scary.
Its such an awesome place. Its actually the only place on earth where a rainforest grows on a sand island. Its incredible to drive though, then all of a sudden you're on the beach!

·
Registered
2007 MY07 FXT
64 Posts
You forgot to take a pic at the Maheno!

I was there in September, had no probs either, but plenty of people will never beleive you (even if you take photos).

·
Registered
2003 xt forester
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ha ha, yeah, my campsite was about 800m south of the Maheno, you could see it from the camp. Didn't take a pic cause it was there the whole time, ha ha.

In fact, you can just see it on the beach in this photo taken from our camp:

Yeah, some people think foresters share the similar lack of ability of crv's and other soft roaders. However, anyone i've talked to thats owned a subaru always comments on how capable they are :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts