Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been trying to get this hesitation out, so i started to just replace parts (have 163k miles mostly oem parts). while just checking things out after replacing wires and coil pack, i took a look at the fpr. the vacuum connection on it was crushed bout three-quarter shut, and the vacuum hoses are old nasty dry and cracked. i replaced the lines and it seem to run better and the hesitation doesnt exist as long as it did. is there a way to test if the fpr might be bad or do i just have to replace it?

·
Registered
1998 Forester
39 Posts
check your Haynes at the door

ive been trying to get this hesitation out, so i started to just replace parts (have 163k miles mostly oem parts). while just checking things out after replacing wires and coil pack, i took a look at the fpr. the vacuum connection on it was crushed bout three-quarter shut, and the vacuum hoses are old nasty dry and cracked. i replaced the lines and it seem to run better and the hesitation doesnt exist as long as it did. is there a way to test if the fpr might be bad or do i just have to replace it?
There is a test procedure in your Haynes manual. A vacuum pump is also helpful....

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a test procedure in your Haynes manual. A vacuum pump is also helpful....
i dont have a manual yet, just got the car. plus they dont really help when you dont have all the "proper" tools. im just lookin at possibilities of what might be wrong. i fixed a vacuum leak that i get at higher rpms, and now im gettin crappy gas milage, cant do more than half throttle or else the symptoms come back. and now the only time it happens before half throttle is when the engine is cold. there is a change in idle when i disconnect the vacuum line to the fpr, but there is also some kind of fluid in there as well. fluid doesnt have a smell to it, but does have a yellowish color to it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts