Registered
2003 2.5x
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
Has there been a noticeable increase in wind noise? That is my only concern. Noise levels at highway speeds are great enough, I don't want to make it worse by putting these on the outside.

A great addition and something I'm definitely interested in if they don't make driving worse.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Has there been a noticeable increase in wind noise? That is my only concern. Noise levels at highway speeds are great enough, I don't want to make it worse by putting these on the outside.

A great addition and something I'm definitely interested in if they don't make driving worse.
I was thinking about them to help "lessen" the wind noise. Ive had good success with the foam and gusset fix but a little more sound dampening would be nice. Its also an added bonus to NOT have snow fall on my seat every winter morning. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
I have the ones for my '09 (from My Carworx) Subaru Aftermarket Accessories for Forester, Impreza & WRX, Legacy, Outback, Tribeca and Baja: SALE ON ALL PRODUCTS | Custom Automotive, car and SUV parts and sale packages for new or older models such as side window vent shades/visors/deflectors/rai and they tape on the frame (painted) as well. They have been on for two years now and still have not had any problems. The guy running the place has an excellent customer service attitude as well. Maybe more of us should contact him and encourage him to become a member / sponsor? :Banane08:

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
Heres a link for the the window vents from a forum sponsor. Theyre a few $ cheaper https://www.subaruonlineparts.com/p...=1229&osCsid=f6214a71cb228fec6ae2ee428cd42426 :Banane17:
I have plans to rip the door panels off and put RAAMat all over them, with ensolite foam, pillow material pushed up under the dash and a host of other sound deadening. However, that won't happen until I'm able to pull the trigger on a sound system. That won't be for a while, unfortunately. So, I'd like to keep extra wind noise to a minimum.

I was thinking about them to help "lessen" the wind noise. Ive had good success with the foam and gusset fix but a little more sound dampening would be nice. Its also an added bonus to NOT have snow fall on my seat every winter morning. :biggrin:
I have the ones for my '09 (from My Carworx) Subaru Aftermarket Accessories for Forester, Impreza & WRX, Legacy, Outback, Tribeca and Baja: SALE ON ALL PRODUCTS | Custom Automotive, car and SUV parts and sale packages for new or older models such as side window vent shades/visors/deflectors/rai and they tape on the frame (painted) as well. They have been on for two years now and still have not had any problems. The guy running the place has an excellent customer service attitude as well. Maybe more of us should contact him and encourage him to become a member / sponsor? :Banane08:
Same product but SubaruOnlineParts is $5 cheaper. And it looks like their shipping is cheaper than MyCarWorx as well.

I may bite the bullet on these. Having the ability to keep the windows open during the summer months without fear of water getting in during rain storms would be worth it. Coupled with the window tint might help to keep temperatures down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts