Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm scheduled to take her in next week for my 1st oil change (got a WE OWE that expires the end of the month), & I want them to look @ a couple things. I noticed driving upstate that the hood seems to vibrate a little @ 70 - 75 on rough pavement. When it's closed it has a lttle more it can travel when I press down on it, so it may need an adjustment. I also have the condensation in the drivers side tail light. I read that "it is not a matter for warranty", but I plan to voice my displeasure nonetheless. I also noticed when I close the door, the moonroof pops up a little & then settles back down, because of the air being forced out I guess.

Do you think this is an issue, or is it normal?

I'm learning a lot from you folks, like how the PZEV is loud & a little rough when you 1st start it, & trying to decide which oil filter to use after this 1st oil change.

Rick

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
I suggest using the blue Subaru oil filter sold at dealerships. Yes it is made by Honeywell of Canada, who also make FRAM filters, but it is still a decent filter and the only filter that Subaru will stand behind.

·
Registered
2009 Foz
52 Posts
For what it's worth, my sunroof also jumps up when I close the door. I figured it was by design because I don't have any leaks. Please post up what your dealer says about this. I'm interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Here I am, nothing t odo on a Saturday night....

I'm going to buy a couple filters when I go to the dealer, so I can change the oil from now on. I also plan to use Pennzoil Platinum, I've been using it in my Explorer & it's been great. The motor's nice & quiet now, & it has 146K & runs like a top.

I'll let everyone know how I make out with the moonroof & the tail light (although I do not think I'll get anywhere with the tail light).

Has anyone had any issues with the hood?

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,212 Posts
Mine hasn't been back in 42K miles. :D. Oil...PP is good stuff. I have used almost exclusively Walmart SuperTech Full Syn. I get great oil analysis from it. I'd stay with the OEM filters.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the foz was @ the dealers today. They did my free oil change (the "WE OWE"), & looked at the other minor things I told them about.

The rear tail lamp condensation was caused by " a spider web inside the vent holes". Something tells me I'll be seeing more condensation soon. They adjusted the hood to eliminate the vibration, and they checked the moonroof & said it was fine - "they all do that" (pops up a little when you close the door) was the answer I got. It seems fine & does not leak, so I'm to worried.

They also performed a recall. They reprogrammed the PCM. I read elswhere on the forum that they were having some issue with the catalytic converter, & I guess the engine was out of spec somehow & causing the problem.

I did'nt get to buy oil filters. The service/parts dept was closed when I got there after work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts