Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it was a nicely modded FSXT before whatever happened to it happened.
BBS wheels:

Coilovers?:

Black painted headlights(it's an 07) and custom mounted fogs:

Random rear shot(has black tails too):

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
^
Good job, Nancy Drew :lol:

Although asking where's the damage is still relevant, as I imagine tons of stuff is still salvageable

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Funny , its not coming up in my search. Direct linky ?

BTW, there's a nice 04 XT going for $4k on today's auction.

Copart

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
150 Posts
It looks like the damage is that entire suspension was washed away in the flood and they had to put it on those circular blocks.

Haha. That thing is slammed!

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,503 Posts
I was surprised the owner didn't try to salvage the wheels at the bare minimum but I realized you can't see the driver's side of the car at all. God knows what that looks like, it could have gotten smashed by a tree or something if the flood was bad enough.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,503 Posts
That's a GarageXTi "XTi owners forum" badge on the back, which was only sold on this forum. It has to be a car a member once owned.
based on the reflection in the Audi next to it, the driverside looks clean.
Good calls. I searched around a bit but couldn't find a match for an 07 FSXT with black STi BBS. But I bet we can find it eventually.

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
I remember someone with that car put a poll up whether or not to paint those BBS black. I know it's the same car, just can't remember the member.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
Ah-ha! It's O-Dubs' car. He used to post all the time but hasn't been on since August.

Link to pics: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f74/blacked-out-28581/
Beat me to it... I'd just found his thread from when he put on the coilovers. http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f74/new-stance-50171/
Yep, that's it... :Banane17:

With the date on the window of the damage, it makes sense. Someone should get in touch with him and see what kind of damage there is. This might make a killer steal.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Some info on flood damage: Salvage Title Cars - Flood Vehicles

What is a Flood Car?
Serious natural weather events can damage cars, but they also present an opportunity for people who want to pick up some great bargains, especially with vehicles that have been declared total losses, or totaled, by insurance companies. As long as the seller is honest and up-front with what is being sold, and the buyer is completely aware of what is being bought, some outstanding deals can be had. Many of these vehicles are easily repairable and can be made good as new.

Often, a flood damaged vehicle that has been totaled only means that the insurance adjuster has not had the time to go out and inspect each vehicle in detail. For example, a new-car dealer may have had 400 cars flooded or damaged. The adjuster can't inspect all the cars but knows that at least 75% of the cars have serious damage and declares them all as total losses. This means that about 100 of the cars may have little or no damage, and can easily be cleaned up and resold as salvage vehicles. Since the insurance company owns the vehicles after claims have been paid, the company can auction off the vehicles, or resell them to the same, or another, dealer.

Honest sellers and dealers will offer previously damaged cars for good prices. These can often be real bargains for buyers who are willing to do some clean-up and repairs, unless you find ones that are for sale that have already been repaired.

What Should I Beware of?
Anytime a car is damaged by high level water should be carefully considered. If the water level is high enough to reach the cars computers than potential serious damages could be prevalent. Look under the dash to see if there is rust on any of the metal components up in the dash; if so the water level was more than likely quite high. Any lights that are on the dash will also indicate what computers are bad on a flood car. Typically, when water touches electrical components they usually go bad immediately, so you can usually find out what parts are bad just by seeing the lights that appear on the dash.

Fresh Water vs. Salt Water
Fresh water flood cars can usually be good cars (and good deals) as long as the water level wasn't high enough to cause major damage to electrical components. Fresh water is not nearly as corrosive as salt water, so salt water cars should be avoided as much as possible. Salt water has the ability to corrode wires and connections over time which could lead to costly repairs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts