Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I shop at Costo a couple of times a month and I usually find some great deals. Noticed "Goodyear Assurance" wipers for sale there. They looked like a high quality wiper and since the cheap wipers on my 01' were falling apart, I thought I would try them out.

It has been really rainy this past weekend and so far I love them. Streak-free and quiet. They were $7.99 each. They didn't have a 15" for the rear so I got a 16" and it fits fine.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you RainX? Ive had issue on cars w/ rainX having a streaking problem... small streaks but i am a nut about my front windshield like that.
I don't use rain-X. I tried it years ago but got tired of keeping up on the application.

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
Does it really work the same as applying it manually? Always wanted to try it, but thought it wouldn't work as well.
When I first get a car I put RainX on manually and use the RainX orange winter/summer washer fluid year-round. Works great for me and have used it on a variety of cars. I might put it on manually again every year or two, maybe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I first get a car I put RainX on manually and use the RainX orange winter/summer washer fluid year-round. Works great for me and have used it on a variety of cars. I might put it on manually again every year or two, maybe.
Sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was a huge rain x fan for years and years, a friend introduced me to Aqua Pel. It's 100x better, it does the same thing but lasts about 1/2 a year or longer:

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
I was a huge rain x fan for years and years, a friend introduced me to Aqua Pel. It's 100x better, it does the same thing but lasts about 1/2 a year or longer:

Very cool. Thanks for the info.
We used to have a similar product available, probably the same but labelled differently. It was so good at times I hardly used my wipers sometimes on the highway:huh:

Aqua Pel is available through Tire Rack, not sure where else.

·
Registered
2010 Forester(sold 11/12) Manual
49 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Rain-x washer fluid, didn't know about it. I've used the manual version for lots of years and, once it a while, when I apply it I screw up and end up with a streaky windshield. Don't know if that is a dirty cloth or just a loose screw in my head. But, when it is applied properly, I think it is great.

Off to find the washer fluid version...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts