Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5 MT
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Found an OEM roof basket on Craigslist, it is the standard one, not the heavy duty. It was purchased for a 99 Foz and never used. He does not have mounting hardware, $50 for it as is. Here are pics:

My question is does this look like the OEM, can I get mounting hardware, and do you think this a good deal? Thanks!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,748 Posts
I would see how much the mounting hardware costs. If you can't get it, you're screwed or the price if you can may be way too much. :wink:

Different, but when I bought my Forester last year (used), the crossbars were in the back & not attached. When I went to put them, 4 rubber pads were missing. They were nearly $12 each! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Shoot, just use washcloths instead of the pads and ziptie it down. ;)

Shouldn't be too hard to stop by the hardware store and rig something up. (I wouldn't use zip ties though. Maybe duct tape. ) HAHAHA

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,829 Posts
Shoot, just use washcloths instead of the pads and ziptie it down. ;)

Shouldn't be too hard to stop by the hardware store and rig something up. (I wouldn't use zip ties though. Maybe duct tape. ) HAHAHA
If it is the factory rack and will otherwise fit, I might suggest cutting up an old inner tube for rubber padding, and stainless steel hose clamps come to mind as holddown hardware that is a bit more substantial than zipties :)

If it is something you need, looks like a screaming bargain. I had an old $500 safari rack for a Land Cruiser in my garage for years and eventually let it go to a local kid for $75 or something because I *just* was never gonna use it again.

George

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
619 Posts
if I am not mistaken that is a yakima basket case cargo basket -- call them for parts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,746 Posts
Much of the 'official Subaru' roof stuff is made by (and even labeled) Yakima.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts