Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So here is our most colorful month of the year.
This month's theme is...​

November: "Turning a New Leaf"
- show your Forester out in the seasonal fall foliage

This month is for those who like to explore the different shades of color that autumn brings with their Foresters. Some of you may already have shots like this while others may need to go hunting for them, no pun intended. Whether you're down at the state park, cruising through the countryside, or just raking the front yard... If your Forester is embracing the colors of nature then this is your chance to enter! This contest usually comes down the best photograph, so show your best shot for the best chance of winning.

Same rules as always:

-Photos must be in hosted format and embedded in your post
-The photos must at least contain YOUR Forester and not someone else's.
-No more than 4 photos per entrant
-Previous winners can not re-enter in the same calendar year
-Polls will begin when we get 10 entries or November 20th, whichever happens first.

Feel free to include a brief description of each photo to help set the scene.

THIS YEAR'S WINNERS:
January - @Raz007
February - @katsfood
March - @Shansen
April - @Foresteezy
May - @SupraFozz
June - @Bansheeboy11
July - @Blingstrom
August - @Ozark08
September - N/A
October - @SuBooneru
November -
December -

For those future planners (upcoming topics):
December:
- "The Darkness of Winter Solstice"
- night photos

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x 4EAT
397 Posts
Thank you!

Totally off-topic sidebar...the waterway you see in the background of that last shot is a man-made flood control reservoir (which also serves a hydroelectric plant). It's full in the summer but then they let it drain out in the fall so it's ready to capture winter/spring runoff. There's a major highway that skirts the reservoir on the opposite side, and all my life I've ridden/driven along that highway on the way to other destinations, and always seen, in the months when the water is drawn down, people in their trucks down on the normally-submerged lakebed. In fact there are actual roads & bridges in the lakebed which are submerged in summer and visible in winter, and lots of interesting muddy curves, contours, hills, etc...just looks SUPER fun to drive around in.

I've always wanted to drive around down there but never had the opportunity or the right vehicle. So when I was perusing the public lands map the other night looking for some BLM or Forest Service roads to traipse around on and discovered a chunk of national forest bordering this reservoir, I was doubly excited: do some dirt road exploration/shooting AND finally get to drive on the lakebed! Alas, to my extreme disappointment, apparently this is no longer permitted...every access point blocked off by boulders. :crying:

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x 4EAT
397 Posts
@ArcadeTom ^ I agree, I had never used Flickr but started an account for the sole purpose of hosting photos I post here. Free, easy and intuitive to use.

Nice shots BTW, and a really nice looking SH!

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know i said the "20th" for closing...but lets call it tomorrow, midday. In case anyone wants to wander on the way home, or heading in to work tomorrow...then post some shots.

Go get em!!

(theres somehow no fall foliage in PA for me this year.....sigh)

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^I can never tell when youre serious, or razzing me these days, hahah.

My comment was just to see if any last minute entries rolled in. Poll goes up this afternoon, so come back and cast your votes!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts