• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
again i wasn't complaining at all, simply stating a fact. he asked a question and I answered it. and yes we did do a heavily modified FOTM.

if nothing else all this controversy and drama has brought people out to vote which is great
You are right Vinny...Just for reference, I won the "heavy modded" FOTM, few months ago. Just proof that popularity, and quality photos prevail....b/c there was some rad cars, and lots more $$ had been put forth towards the other cars.

I feel like the FOTY, just like the other monthly "competitions" should be voted accordingly, and actually thought about/researched...rather than just voted for b/c of fantastic photos.

We all need to pay close attention to the theme in the future...something to keep in mind for the next year.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
893 Posts
I feel like the FOTY, just like the other monthly "competitions" should be voted accordingly, and actually thought about/researched...rather than just voted for b/c of fantastic photos.
I don't have most of my Mods posted online anywhere. You mean if I start a Member Journal, I'd have a better chance of winning votes? :N_poke:

We all need to pay close attention to the theme in the future...something to keep in mind for the next year.
I think the FOTM Themes are great. Especially the Mod Theme. And, I agree that each Themed Month should be voted on based on the Theme of that month. But for the FOTY all those theme winners are jumbled together, so there can't be a FOTY theme, can there? I think the FOTY is the only purely "Best Photo", without ANY theme. Trying to attach any other theme, say for instance the June "off road" theme, it would be unfair to those who won in the September "Track" themed month. Does that make sense? That's just my opinion on FOTY.

(edit) Just to clarify, I am not telling you who you should or shouldn't vote for. You can Vote for someone whom has spent a lot of time and money the build a sweet ride, if that is what you like. Or an off Road Forester, if that is your thing. I am saying, we shouldn't be telling (scalding) others that they are voting wrong because of personal preferences.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
^^No, starting a member journal is suggested if you have countless hours & $$ put towards your car. I constantly use it for photos as I am always swapping/changing things out, and also for reference on what I have done, because after 6 yrs., I do forget. I don't think it is as important to start one if you have a stock car, and just put on window tint or a trailer hitch.

As far as the theme of FOTY...it is the year "jumbed" together, and is the best of the year. Horrible analogy would be a "best of the year" sports team or player... In this case, I always look at the season as far as most improved, amazing season, complete overhaul or comeback. But sometimes a player will win after hitting a few deep home runs.:icon_wink:

I will fishish up my sermon by saying that you have compiled some great photos, matched by a rad location, great photo skills, and prolly a nice camera...Cheers on your victory.:Banane35:

·
Registered
2003 Forestor
10 Posts
I personally reckon that monthly photo comps should be about purely the photo. That photoshopping should not be allowed.

This allows the photos to be more focused on the actual car and have shots dedicated on the real forester shot

As like in Jame's last shot i still havent seen a forester as i am to busy looking at the trees and clouds (are we shoting foresters or making up tress and pretty backgrounds)

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
893 Posts
Looks like the continent of Australia has come out in full force... :icon_eek:
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Lots of names that I don't recognize, but what really suprises me is that we only have 34 votes. What's wrong with you people?!?!?!?!
man all guys from oz stick 2gether! i bet out of the 28 votes xt43 got, @least 23 are from his local bretheren :biggrin: lots of fozzys in australia! you guys represent to the fullest...
I have to bow down to the power of the OZ. Looks like 38 of xt43's 39 votes are from Down Under.

January's FOTM is suppose to be North American vs the World. Looks like it already started.

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
I have to bow down to the power of the OZ. Looks like 38 of xt43's 39 votes are from Down Under.

January's FOTM is suppose to be North American vs the World. Looks like it already started.
I think 28 of your 30 are made up of fellow Canadians or boys and gals from the USA..:icon_razz:

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
893 Posts
I think 28 of your 30 are made up of fellow Canadians or boys and gals from the USA..:icon_razz:
Only 7 of my 30 Votes are from Canada; the country which I live. 23% of my votes are from Canada. All but one of your votes, 97%, is from an Ozzy, so it is not really the same thing. Ozzy FTW!!!

If you want to compare Canada AND the USA; I counted 24 of my 30 votes, 80%, are from the two Countries combined. Compared to 100% of your Votes are from Australia AND the USA, combined. :N_poke:

·
Registered
2002 GT
155 Posts
Nice boobs.

How many people vote religiously every month whether or not one of their friends are in the competition? I would bet on my Forester that when someone's mate is involved, all their friends come out of the woodwork to vote. How dare us Aussie's vote for a buddy.

May I suggest a can of concrete?

·
Registered
2003 Forestor
10 Posts
Only 7 of my 30 Votes are from Canada; the country which I live. 23% of my votes are from Canada. All but one of your votes, 97%, is from an Ozzy, so it is not really the same thing. Ozzy FTW!!!

If you want to compare Canada AND the USA; I counted 24 of my 30 votes, 80%, are from the two Countries combined. Compared to 100% of your Votes are from Australia AND the USA, combined. :N_poke:

Mate it a internet photo comp

Have a tantrum

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,109 Posts
Nice mudslinging contest this month, and a bunch of members behaving like 5 year-olds. :rolleyes:

I think we've seen enough of this.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I leave for a couple of days and the proverbial shick hits the fan. I hope January's Grudge Match comes with better manners.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.