Which format do you prefer?

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2019 Subaru for about a year and when I first started reading this forum, it was easy to navigate and catch up with the newest threads. It was also very easy to get information on a new horn installation. I could also easily find new topics and get to threads of interest. Since it was changed, I am generally lost and searching for interesting and relevant topics. It is just not as much fun to read as it was on the previous format. What are your hints for navigation?

Am I alone in this new format confusion. I'm on several other forums for a motorcycle, skydiving and scuba and none are difficult to use or read !

·
Registered
2003 X Automatic
69 Posts
I'll chime in, just so you don't feel like you are talking to dead air. The search feature in this forum was one of the best out there, but with the new format is almost unusable. It is not unique to this forum, but it is obvious to me that someone who doesn't use the forum in a similar way to me (and probably most of the members) has had a hand in the design.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,360 Posts
@BigD_83 agreed, I miss the VB - Vbulletin, old site Google custom forum search!

VS - Verticalscope did finally add an Advanced Search, but still nowhere as good as the simple Google forum custom search.

What @WackyDriver said, there no going back, as they're fully invested in this new site. It's just too bad XF - XenForo wasn't implimented as it comes in the box...

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2019 Touring
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to enjoy coming here, but it's not almost like a trip to the dentist... Sometimes necessary but not pleasant..

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
6,872 Posts
Please trust us on this, XenForo is a far better software package. Our implementation is in need of a whole bunch of tweaking. I'm pitching fits trying to get them to listen and get on the ball.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
6,872 Posts
The default distro would have been a great place to start. Advanced search would never been a issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts