Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2019 forester automatic. Only 2 days since I got it. today noticed loud clicking noise when I shift from Drive to Park
Its only audible if the windows are rolled down, which is why I did not notice it earlier.

Is this normal.? have other forester owners noticed the same thing?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
New 2019 forester automatic. Only 2 days since I got it. today noticed loud clicking noise when I shift from Drive to Park
Its only audible if the windows are rolled down, which is why I did not notice it earlier.

Is this normal.? have other forester owners noticed the same thing?
I believe you are hearing the Evap system. Completely normal. You can also hear it clicking after turning off car. I’ve heard it click almost 30mins after I parked car in garage (was working in garage).
Basically, no worries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is click sound associated with the gear changing positions like a loud click. It doesnt sound like a electromechanical device clicking though, so I doubt its coming from evap system.
and it happens when the gear is moved from p to d to r and vice versa.
May be its normal, just do not have another similar vehicle to compare it to

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5 CVT
39 Posts
I hear the same noise when shifting into different gears. It's usually most pronounced on first start up. It's been doing it awhile and I forget if it came from factory that way or not... I thought it was weird too, but no problems related to transmission or shifting (yet).

I'm curious if this is normal or not, too.

·
Premium Member
2015 Forester XT Touring Stock Cooler/Heater Hardlines Deleted Custom 19 Row Cooler with -6AN Lines Directly Ported to CVT
396 Posts
I had the noise on my 2015 XT from the time I purchased it as a CPO with 21k miles on it. It only seemed to happen in my driveway. It didn't happen when I was parked on flat ground...

Two days old. Take it back to the dealer. Ask them to check your transmission fluid level! If they can't "reproduce" your problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts