Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'Forrest' Machine1's off road 2013 Forester XT Journal

http://www.softroaders.com/2016/02/24/subaru-forester-xt-softroader/

I Bought Forrest back in October 2012. He's a 2013 XT Touring with the all-weather package.

Very light on the mods list so far...

RallyArmor mud flaps
Cooper Discoverer AT3 235/60R17 tires
Torklift Central Ecohitch 2" hidden hitch

Next on the list are a 2" lift with springs and spacers and a custom steel skidplate from a local off road shop.

First day home in the garage...

Parking next to one of his cousins at work...

First time seeing the snow...

Hanging out at Lake Travis...

Rally Armor mud flaps installed...

Kickin' it at Lake Bridgeport...

Tire upgrade...

At Northwest OHV Park off road trails...

Getting hitched...

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f137/sh-forester-xt-torklift-ecohitch-2-eco-series-stealth-hidden-trailer-hitch-install-227922/

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats not too bad.
I may try and make it for December.
And if I do go it would be nice to be next to another Forester :icon_wink:

How hard was this to do?
I probably won't make December. We usually go every three months, so the next time will most likely be March. Maybe February, depends on if I get the Forester muddy at the off road park during that time.

Taking the chrome section of the grille out was easy, 6 pop rivets for the top of the grille, 4 screws for the chrome piece. The hard part was getting the vinyl to flatten out on the chrome, it's not perfect. I think plastidip would have been a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
I probably won't make December. We usually go every three months, so the next time will most likely be March. Maybe February, depends on if I get the Forester muddy at the off road park during that time.

Taking the chrome section of the grille out was easy, 6 pop rivets for the top of the grille, 4 screws for the chrome piece. The hard part was getting the vinyl to flatten out on the chrome, it's not perfect. I think plastidip would have been a lot easier.
Just let me know when you are going again and Ill try and make it out.

The reason I ask is I was thinking of doing it in white carbon fiber.
Does it really not lay well on the chrome?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just let me know when you are going again and Ill try and make it out.

The reason I ask is I was thinking of doing it in white carbon fiber.
Does it really not lay well on the chrome?
Yeah, the upper ridge section is where I had problems. The wrap didn't stretch enough to stick onto the corners, I blame inexperience on my part. Be careful taking the emblem out, I scratched some of the graphic backing off of it and had to touch it up with black paint. When you take the emblem out, poke at the chrome piece and not the emblem (it's held on with double sided tape to the chrome piece).

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Yeah, the upper ridge section is where I had problems. The wrap didn't stretch enough to stick onto the corners, I blame inexperience on my part. Be careful taking the emblem out, I scratched some of the graphic backing off of it and had to touch it up with black paint. When you take the emblem out, poke at the chrome piece and not the emblem (it's held on with double sided tape to the chrome piece).
Note taken.
Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Looks great!!

What color is that??! and don't say Marine Blue Pearl b/c I will not believe you :)

also, the pics/video of the 4wheel drifts and donuts did not come through, please, re-attach.

:)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great!!

What color is that??! and don't say Marine Blue Pearl b/c I will not believe you :)

also, the pics/video of the 4wheel drifts and donuts did not come through, please, re-attach.

:)
Thanks!

I cannot tell a lie! That is Marine Blue Pearl.

The hoonage will probably come tomorrow, if I can get my cameraman to wake up early enough, lol.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Wild, the color looks like a different blue in the pics...more like a royal blue...

Seriously, tho, the Foz looks great! Great mods!

What is the cameraman's number, I will be up, I will call them! :)

1 - 20 of 233 Posts