Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Oooh... 74 mpg eh? Wonder if it will make it onto our shores.. Still weary about crash survivability.

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
And you gotta be praying every morning on the commute that nobody had beans and broccoli for dinner the night before! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
I see more and more of these "golf carts" on freeways around here.. then, I see pretty bad accidents often too. I don't want to start seeing those combined, honestly.

Stan

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
LOL no, never have.

I've been cut off by many Priuses though, which is almost always followed by them slamming on their brakes and slowing down to 10+ MPH less than speed I was traveling at before being cut off. Also, I'm not sure why a Prius even comes with turn signals, they never get used.

Stan

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I see more and more of these "golf carts" on freeways around here.. then, I see pretty bad accidents often too. I don't want to start seeing those combined, honestly.

Stan
Most of these small cars are safer in a crash than your average "full size" car. Take a smart car and an F150, and the smart car is the one you would walk away from without a scratch. Most bigger SUV's have pretty terrible crash ratings compared to almost every microcar out now.

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
Small cars can be safer then you think. But I still wouldn't want to get hit by a 1 tun pick up in a smart.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it, currently I don't believe these cars will fare too well. I just hope I don't start seeing it on regular basis as I do with regular-sized vehicles, which I see almost daily.

What is the main reason for making cars this small, anyway? I understand if parking space was at a premium, but in US it isn't. Is it only gas mileage? One of these could be fun to drive I suppose, but I couldn't even fit my dog in one.

Stan

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
Put a shelf on the back that'll hold two golf bags and I'd buy one.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put a shelf on the back that'll hold two golf bags and I'd buy one.
This just might do it for you:
Inside, the modular interior allowing for six different configurations, which can be easily adjusted to accommodate passengers or used as storage space.​

1 - 13 of 13 Posts