Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine recently lost his job as a game designer at Electronic Arts, so I thought I`d try to help out and ask around if anyone needs a (very) talented web/media/game designer.
He was designer/associated director for Need for Speed Nitro (2008), SSX Blur, NHL 07, and bunch of other games.
Any help is appreciated!
Cheers!

website/resume/portfolio

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Can I hire him for an hour to talk to my nephew in order to convince him that "Professional Video Game Player" is not actually a viable career?

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Can I hire him for an hour to talk to my nephew in order to convince him that "Professional Video Game Player" is not actually a viable career?
lol a bunch of people are learning that lesson at my school. We just introduced a video game design/programming major, and a bunch of kids through it would be "play games for 4 years and draw some characters" but its actually a VERY intensive program.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I still have a lot of connections at Nintendo, I'll hit up a few buddies and see if there are any openings. Great game designers don't stay out of work for long.

I actually did work for a few weeks as a game tester playing games all day long, and it was the worst job I've ever had. I was very happy to go back to my inventory control position at the Nintendo distribution center. When it slowed down at the DC was had the option of helping out in the call center or working as a game tester, and was something only worth doing once. It was the most repetative and mind numbing job ever.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol!! I'm sure he'd just do the opposite!

I still have a lot of connections at Nintendo, I'll hit up a few buddies and see if there are any openings. Great game designers don't stay out of work for long.

I actually did work for a few weeks as a game tester playing games all day long, and it was the worst job I've ever had. I was very happy to go back to my inventory control position at the Nintendo distribution center. When it slowed down at the DC was had the option of helping out in the call center or working as a game tester, and was something only worth doing once. It was the most repetative and mind numbing job ever.
I agree, game player (i.e.tester) must be one of the most mind numbing jobs. They should come up with robots to do that kind of stuff!
Different story for game designers I believe, where creativity is central to everything.

Sea-scooby, thanks for your help!

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts