Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions on the placement of the forester din pocket.

Those with the pocket above a single din headunit versus those with the pocket below the din pocket.

On my wrx I put the pocket below the headunit. My thoughts were that if I put the pocket above the headunit I might have spillage down onto the headunit. Also on the wrx there's a cup holder that would hit the forester pocket if it was on top when open.

Looking to decide on placement for the fxt headunit i'll be installing. Currently leaning towards pocket below the single din headunit.

thanks in advance and happy new year.

dm

NOTICED my title is fubar oops.... sorry about that

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy New Year!

I remember considering this same decision when I installed my stereo system and the deciding factor for me was simply to keep the head unit as high up as possible for greater ease in viewing.
Very good point, I was thinking about which position might be closer hand reach as well.

I'm still leaning to headunit above the pocket, but just getting opinions.

dm

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,095 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It only fits below unless you want to do some drilling on the bracket. There are locating pins on the pocket that correspond to holes in the bracket that aren't there on the upper location.

pics from here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/2003_stereo_info-t7238.html
For some reason I remember having to modify the bracket on my 02 wrx when I did the install then. I appreciate your input, knowledge and images as always.

While driving to pick up jello and broth for the sick #1 mod helper :icon_frown:
I realized that in my wrx I use the pocket to hold my cell phone a bunch. I will have it charging while it's in there. If the pocket was on the top the wire going to the cell phone would be crossing over the head unit.

dm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts