Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So IIHS has tightened their standards for this award to include headlight performance. Previous Foresters did not score particularly well in this test.

The new rankings do include the 2016 Forester, but only those built after October 2016. What changed?

IIHS Names Safest Cars - Consumer Reports

Why only 38 cars earned IIHS top safety pick status

My understanding was that the Forester's headlights received a "marginal" rating in all versions except the trims that offer LED headlights, which get an "A" rating. Is this still the case, or has Subaru changed the headlights on all trims recently?

·
Registered
2017 Forester2.5i Limited CVT
799 Posts
Why does it say "Subaru Forester (built after October 2016)"? What has changed during the production of the 2017 models?

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.0XT
5 Posts
I bought mine early November 2016, so my Forester must be missing something about the headlights, which made it to the top pick+.

Is it the high-beam assist or anything else?

·
Registered
2017 Forester2.5i Limited CVT
799 Posts
I bought mine early November 2016, so my Forester must be missing something about the headlights, which made it to the top pick+.

Is it the high-beam assist or anything else?
No, it's not that because mine was built on 6/2016 and I have high beam assist.

·
Registered
2017 Forester
4 Posts
My steering responsive LED headlamps on the '17 Forester have incredible illumination - the best I've ever had - this is a non issue and mine was built in June of 2016.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts