Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d just like to say how brilliant Foresters are in wet weather. I’ve been in Lincolnshire, Worcs and in both counties where country lanes have been treacherous with deep puddles, grit, mud and all sorts washed into the lanes. I’ve been behind kiddie 4x4 s (that are front wheel drive pretending to be 4x4 s).
They have struggled whilst the Foz has driven through them carefully and purposely.

The elements over the last week have thrown everything at it and it still comes back for more.

The Golf Estate I had fir a while when I temporarily left Subaru wouldn’t have done the interesting journeys no way.

We are so lucky and we don’t know how fortunate we are to have such mighty understated brilliant machines.

ATVB
Alan Mac

·
Registered
2006 Cross Sports 2.0T Manual
26 Posts
Yeah rub it in why don’t you. I had to drive through 100 miles of crappy Scottish wet, snow and mud the other day in a 220 bhp front wheel drive vtec Civic.

The Fozz is still in the garage with its gearbox apart :cautious:

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not meant to rub stuff in, just how brilliant our Fozs have been in adversity.

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,979 Posts
Told this story before but it was snowing real hard and I was following a woman in a Forester S turbo. We got to a steepish uphill and the van in front of us started slipping and sliding. I thought if he gets across the road here we could all be stuck so I pulled out and punched it to get past. The woman in the other Foz must have thought she could do the same. Last thing I saw she was doing a complete 360. So Foresters are not completely invulnerable - you still need a bit of sense.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gentle with the fun pedal in this sort of weather. Been up Sharp Fell a number of years ago in a previous Foz. White out cars and alleged 4x4s at all angles across the Road and immobile stuck. Drive around them slowly and sensible made a path through thick snow and down the very steep hill. Looked in my rear mirror and a small previously going nowhere convoy followed me. Great feeling great motors!!

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
327 Posts
15" of snow in a nor'easter blizzard, unplowed roads... No problem!

The secret is to drive slow and steady and you can make it through most anything in the Forester.

StanF

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
278 Posts
For some folks yes!

I'm sure I'm speaking out of turn here as I have never had a home at risk of flooding (other than from halfwitted plumbers), but when it comes to our roads, we brits do tend to turn "issues" into disasters...

An inch of snow and we have snowmageddon, flood waters and everyone thinks they can drive through them at usual speeds...

I mean honestly some of the videos that pop up are ridiculous... I remember seeing one with a bmw driving through water that was near on the bonnet...

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,416 Posts
Mines rubbish In the snow …...
Exactly why I kept her at stock height (well kinda) and on 18's with wintracks extreme.
However I did lower the SF5's on Teins and in 2.5ft snow drifts it just pushed through, probably due to the plough lip I had. I wonder what the lip on the FSTi will do?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts