Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought i'd put this under a definate date to get a few more interested.
Origional thread......http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/nov-dec-road-trip-idea-63323/

Meeting Place.
Dalby Forest Visitors Center. Dalby Forest Drive and Visitor Centre - Tourist Information or any junction on the A1 from 37 to 49.

13th December 2009 at 10.30/11.00am.

Route to Dalby Forest Visitor Center i'll be taking.
Get on A1 at jct37
Off at jct49 and onto A168
Onto A170 at Thirsk.
Through Pickering and onto Dalby Forest VC.

Meeting places can be aranged at junctions along the A1. And if it all goes **** up, we can go do the Buttertubs Pass/Tann Hill run instead.

Now there's an idea.................

So far we have...

1, mdg
2, R5oss
3, Guinness
4, Niel8p (Now that the foz is fixed)
5, hora

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
963 Posts
:woohoo: Two trips, and on the same day. Mike, How deep will the snow be. :icon_question:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neil8p.....Meant that A1 route as a sugestion as they are fast roads. A64 looks good also but may meet trafic around York. All we need is one steam tractor rally on that road and we'd be screwed. Up to you lot.

R5oss. You OK to meet at A1 jct 45 and go A64 way?

As far as snow goes, that can only be a good thing.

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Know what you mean about the traffic, the York route is 30 miles shorter for us but still the same travelling time. We don't want to drag people over to York if they prefer the A1, that why I thought we'd meet you there.

We usually go the York way when we go up to Scarborough, and in the past have only met traffic on the way back where the dual carriageway turns to single road near Castle Howard. First time for everything though, sods law says we'd see traffic :icon_frown:

Thinking about it, it might be worth trying the A1 route as we're heading up to Pickering again on the 21st to go on the Santa Express, so it would be interesting to know if that's a better way to go when we need to be up there in good time.

Don't want to cause trouble :icon_biggrin: Maybe we could decide nearer the time?

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Could do. I could ride at Dalby afterwards as well. Its ok there although the last time I went they closed the gully route on the black :(

Count me in.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good point Guinness. Was at Maedowhell on Saturday(Don't ask)and the carpark was like a an episode of Bangers and Smash, so it's a no from me going the York way.
Shouldn't take more than 1 1/2 hrs going the A1 route.

I'll get on the A1 at jct 37 about 09.00am to 09.15am. Whats everyone else doing?

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
526 Posts
the mountain biking is selling it to me at the moment, cant really justify a 300 mile round trip to go for a drive in the woods, but a mtb on saturday and a drive on sunday might work.

I would be looking for some downhill rather than cross country though. I know that wharncliffe is in that general area. but not too sure how far from dalby it is.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
the mountain biking is selling it to me at the moment, cant really justify a 300 mile round trip to go for a drive in the woods, but a mtb on saturday and a drive on sunday might work.

I would be looking for some downhill rather than cross country though. I know that wharncliffe is in that general area. but not too sure how far from dalby it is.
Tis just t'other side of Sheffield..........:: www.wharncliffe.info ::.. ........and so Dalby forest is lots further north.

A little off subject....I have a Kenisis Maxlight XC 19" with Easton tubing i wanna sell. Sunn rims on Deore disc hubs. Deore F/R mechs. Easton bars and seat post. Sh1t elastomer forks though. I built it myself but i hardly ever used it and now it's just taking up space. Will bring it along if you or hora are interested.

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
I'll get on the A1 at jct 37 about 09.00am to 09.15am. Whats everyone else doing?
I'll also be getting on the A1 at jct 37, (I live a mile or so from there) I'm guessing you'll be coming from the Barnsley/Goldthorpe side? I'll be waiting in the lay-by just before the Motorway :biggrin:

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
963 Posts
I'll wait at A1/J46, on the B6164 signposted for Walshford. We then have the option of using the Walshford-Dishforth road instead of the new A1. :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll wait at A1/J46, on the B6164 signposted for Walshford. We then have the option of using the Walshford-Dishforth road instead of the new A1. :icon_wink:
No worries. Is that the one where we met you before or the one after? Will be around 10.00am or so when we get to you. May be sooner if i wake up with a heavy right foot. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll also be getting on the A1 at jct 37, (I live a mile or so from there) I'm guessing you'll be coming from the Barnsley/Goldthorpe side? I'll be waiting in the lay-by just before the Motorway :biggrin:
See you there m8.:icon_biggrin:

Niel8p and hora. Or anyone else for that matter. What you doing?

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
We'll have a run up the A1 for a change so we'll meet you at J37. Are we pm'ing numbers to anyone in case we get delayed? (we'll have our 3 year old in the car :biggrin: )

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
963 Posts
A1/J46 is north of Wetherby, 2 junctions on from the meeting point for the first of our "comical" runs :biggrin: And given your previous performance, should be easier on everyone's nerves. :raspberry:

:Banane14: As for a three year old in the car, that's the driver in mine :shake:

Mike, you still have my number ?, and do you want to compile the list for us all :icon_question:

See you at 10:00 on the 13th.

Mike.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW. Sarnies and a flask o tea might be a good idea as i'm not sure where we'll end up at lunch time. Maybe even a selection of cakes and sticky buns too. mmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Im planning on riding at Dalby. What sort of time(s) are you going to be in the Forest from and to?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts