Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have own my car since May 2013 and I am loving every moment of it. I do occassional off-road like any sane person would do and today I noticed the passenger rear wheel fender, the paint is already chipping off where it is bare metal. Is anyone else having this issue? I am going to the dealership tomorrow and I am hoping it'll be covered under warranty.:icon_cry:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is chipping off from the inside of the fender where where the debris is.. but it is slowly peeling off to the outside of the car. It is on the flat lip of it and showing bare metal now, about 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
801 Posts
I'm pretty sure paint is covered for something like this (as long as it is some kind of corrosion and not 'man-made') for an initial period. I really hope this works out for you.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to the dealership today and they will get with me Monday. I also called SOA and they said they won't cover cause it was caused by natural causes, which I think is horse ****. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
The only time I have ever had a manufacturer cover paint damage was a defect in the paint application itself. Never had any stone damage covered.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Touring CVT
239 Posts
I had a rock chip on my brand new Forester, left front fender area. I purchased the Dealer Offered Interior/Exterior coverage. Usually, I never purchase these extras, but in this case glad I did. Dealer's body shop fixed the chip, looks better but not perfect. Hope not to get anymore. I am waiting for Subaru to come out with the bug/ hood deflector. You would think this item would be available with any new model year.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
I already have a deep, man made scratch in my door and a rock chip on the hood.

I figure if it ends up getting bad, I will just repaint the car in a few years. :shrug:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went to the dealership today and they will get with me Monday. I also called SOA and they said they won't cover cause it was caused by natural causes, which I think is horse ****. I will keep you guys posted.
Subaru is notorious for thin paint, but this sounds bad. Any updates from the dealer?

·
luvin' it
2008 Forester Sports XT 5-speed manual
815 Posts
I'd be surprised if the dealer/SOA will cover paint. My thought is that even if they do provide coverage, the fix would not be like OEM quality.

I think the only real improvement is to repaint our Subarus with non-OEM brand paint (I think Subaru uses Nippon Paint?). I would love to have my car repainted with Sikkens Automotive Paints. A local body shop I know of uses that brand. It's the same one that McLaren uses. :icon_cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts