Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT Manual
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I recently purchased a Subaru Forester XT 2.0 Turbo 2003, this is my first ever subaru and I love it. Until recently its been going great.

However yesterday I locked the car using the key fob as per and noticed that the all the hazard warning lights were stuck on. I tried unlocking and locking, disconnected batt, swapped flasher unit but to no avail. I eventually removed the glove compartment, and accidentally knocked a gold metal box attached to the bulk and noticed that the lights went off, i also noticed that the box was hot. This box clicks when using the key fob to lock the car. Now when ever I use the fob these lights stick on and I have to tap the gold box? So currently im just locking the car with the key in the door lock

Can anyone tell me what this box might be?

Any advice or info would be much appraciated.

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT Manual
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the response. Ive looked at these on ebay etc and they look totally different from what Ive seen under the dashboard.

Ill take a picture of later on and pop it up, ill also see if theres any writing on this.

Cheers

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.