Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester XT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an article about the Forester XT and how the STi parts are a cheap upgrade path for the Forester XT.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
The article mentions "Angry Toaster". You go Boy!!! The writer of the story also said this talking about the coilover change: (though I doubt many Forester owners ever go off-roading anyway). Oops the war is on! Smash and several others here should write this guy!!!

I was kinda hoping this would have been about the MY09 +, but alas I will have to wait for that. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Basically, with a XT you have all the creature comforts that come with the Forester, have the ability to bolt on OEM STI parts and make the same or more power than a STI and go undetected at the dealership so the warranty remains intact, all for less money than a STI.
LOL, yeah, those dealership techs will never catch on to the conversion! :lol:

:crazy:

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
660 Posts
Wow, I did not know the Forester was actually lighter than a WRX STI. Interesting...

I forwarded this along to my WRX/STI buddies.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
299 Posts
I dont understand how reflashing the ECU, swapping the intercooler / turbo etc could allow you to go undetected at the dealer...

I am however interested in the differences between an 09 forester and an 09 WRX... 265HP would be nice :D

·
Registered
2006 Forester Autobox
307 Posts
I thought curb weight of the Forester was 3350 lbs not 3250.
Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
Wow, I did not know the Forester was actually lighter than a WRX STI. Interesting...

I forwarded this along to my WRX/STI buddies.
It's probably the difference between the six speed and brembos vs the FXTs five speed and normal size brakes.

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Shoot, I forgot to post this up last week.

Yeah, great article for sure. It's like the Unabomber guide to Forester Modifying. : )

+1 to Travis for the Angry Toaster plug.

This article was the talk around town at SubieFest!

·
Registered
FIZZ SG5 & JDM GC8
17 Posts
Hey Guy's glad you enjoyed the article, With limited space we were unable to cover some of the topics such as the gearing.
As for going undetected at the dealer we didn't clarify as well as we could have. We were trying to relay the point that there are a number of mods that you can do using OEM WRX or STI parts that can go undetected at the dealer or items that can be quickly swapped out for warrenty coverage.
As for "Angry Toaster" that was all Dave at Modified.

Doug

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,063 Posts
Hey Guy's glad you enjoyed the article, With limited space we were unable to cover some of the topics such as the gearing.
As for going undetected at the dealer we didn't clarify as well as we could have. We were trying to relay the point that there are a number of mods that you can do using OEM WRX or STI parts that can go undetected at the dealer or items that can be quickly swapped out for warrenty coverage.
As for "Angry Toaster" that was all Dave at Modified.

Doug

Warranty fraud, always a great idea :shake:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts