Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester STI 6 spd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there , I just picked up this 2006 Forester XT

The previous owner had disabled the daytime running lights and installed an HID set for the low beams.
I reconnected the DRL behind the glove box.
I also had another HID set of my old car so I wired it to the high beams.
I have 2 issues and was hoping for some help to sort this out.
First the High beams won't work and second I can't get the DRL to work either.
We live in Canada and I want the DRL to work on the HID's. and get those High beams to work as well.
Any help is appreciated.

Any electrical experts in the Toronto area for Subarus ?

·
Registered
2008 X 5MT
459 Posts
Foglight mod + corner lights looks nicer than DRL :biggrin:

If I'm not mistaken, DRL uses a lower voltage than normal lights, that could be the problem.

·
Registered
2006 Forester STI 6 spd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
progress today

The DRL's are working today!, now all i need is to get those High beams working..

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
So you wired a set of HID's in where your high beams used to be?
Double check that the ballasts are plugged in correctly. I had one of my ballasts installed backwards once (flipped plug). It took two seconds to remedy the issue and everything worked perfectly after that.

Did you by chance buy that black swapped FXT that was previously for sale on Autotrader.ca and the Toronto-Subaru-Club forum?

·
Registered
2006 Forester STI 6 spd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will check ur theory

So you wired a set of HID's in where your high beams used to be?
Double check that the ballasts are plugged in correctly. I had one of my ballasts installed backwards once (flipped plug). It took two seconds to remedy the issue and everything worked perfectly after that.

Did you by chance buy that black swapped FXT that was previously for sale on Autotrader.ca and the Toronto-Subaru-Club forum?
Yes I wish I could have taken credit for all the work put in , I bought it as it is now and yes it is the same one ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts