Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 WRX STI Hatchback 6 Speed
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went back out to Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, Texas for another Driver's Edge event. This is my second time at the track and I'm running with the slightly more experienced "Blue" group. My Forester tried to hang were possible, but I need better tires, lower..stiffer suspension and some more horsepower to keep pace with the faster cars.

Here's a couple of youtube videos.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Excellent, you were able to "hang" in there pretty good and swap positions. Isn't it amazing when you're able to pass someone you've been following and realize how much they were holding you up!

As someone said in another thread "it's sometimes more fun to drive a slow car fast". :rock: Hone your driving skills then add some power.

Good Luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My current suspension setup includes a Cobb FSB, STI RSB, STI Forester Spec pink springs and GR2 shocks.

Here's some footage of me chasing a newer Ford Mustang Cobra GT500. That sucker was fast in the straights. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Geosquealers here, I ditched those around 15k and switched to Pirelli P-zero Nero's that ironically were OEM spec for Mustang GTs. They're cheap, fat and old school...like me. :biggrin:

I'm on my second set and they are great for the street. I need to buy track tires and put them on the stock wheels. Any recomendations?

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Great stuff. looks like a well run event with guys letting you pass etc. I love track days when you get to mix it up with a variety of cars.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
No Geosquealers here, I ditched those around 15k and switched to Pirelli P-zero Nero's that ironically were OEM spec for Mustang GTs. They're cheap, fat and old school...like me. :biggrin:

I'm on my second set and they are great for the street. I need to buy track tires and put them on the stock wheels. Any recomendations?
In my opinion put track tires on whatever aftermarket wheels you have now and put street tires on your stock wheels. Anyway, awesome videos!

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,734 Posts
Other than the suspension mods, what performance/engine mods are you running?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Other than the suspension mods, what performance/engine mods are you running?
I'm running the standard used STI takeoff upgrades; VF39, intercooler and cat back along with a catless down pipe, walbro fuel pump, grimspeed bcs and a tune.

Intake, transmission, clutch, injectors are all OEM.

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
4or2's recommendation is spot on to what I'd suggest.

Go w/ any of the street class DOT's if you want dual duty (dunlop star spec's, bs RE011, yok neovas, kumho XS') or if you want to go a step further into R-comps look at RA1's, or possibly Kuhmo V710's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts