Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking about this after reading Tuned2000s thread this morning;

Curious as to how many of you would consider getting a second Forester? and why?
I know a few member are already living in multiple forester homes :biggrin:

I ask because in the next while my wife and I will be picking up a second car, mostly for my daily driving (+rallyduties!)
while our forester will be hers during the day. I am looking at wagon styles; impreza/obs/forester/outback etc..
but the forester does everything so well that everything else would have obvious drawbacks.
SFs keep popping up FS and catching my eye.

We have done the duplicate cars in the past, we both owned MkII Jettas when we met so we've already had the key identity crisis before :biggrin:

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I'd definitely have 2. It would be great to have an older one with a slight lift for camping and winter that I don't have to worry too much about, and then a semi modded XT. The gf currently has a jeep but really would like an XT (you can see that little bit of jealousy whenever I mash the throttle lol), the I6 is SO slow in that grand cherokee. Who knows, we could end up being a 3 forester household, an 04/05 XT and 07/08 FSXT and some sort of SF for beating around in.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I DO have two! Both are 05s and we love them. One thing I love it I don't have to relearn where buttons/knobs are when switching cars, and for the most part they drive very similar so there is no adjustment period. I also know what the car is capable of and how it reacts. It also makes maintance much easier because the same tools work on both and most the parts are the same.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Man, I love the Foz, but I'm somewhat of an eco-freak...so, me an the wife work hard a staying a one-car family. Of course, that's easier to do in some places. But...

if push came to shove, even though I would love another Subie, I'd have to go for something that gets stellar city gas mileage, maybe even (gulp) a hybrid. anything in the 30-40 range.

At the risk of sounding like a, dare I say- treehugger, (no offense to forum user, Treehugger), I foresee major future pitfalls coming to fruition, all because of our heavy, heavy dependence on foreign oil. Don't get me started. I'm just looking out for the kiddos.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I need to Subie to make a super-high MPG output vehicle to buy another. For now, my current AWD foz is perfect for all my off-roading and snow-driving fun tho.

Sorry to rant.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
oh yeah... I keep forgetting Canada is "foreign" for you guys :lol:
Right! No, I meant everybody EXCEPT Canada! :biggrin:

Oh man, I feel bad for Alberta and Edmonton though. That place is getting mega-thrashed.

I mean, even the Oilers have seen better days! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
OK, back on topic.

I can see us as a multiple Forester family at some point (it will be a while though as the Sienna has less than 90,000 kms). The Forester does everything we want it to do and is ideal for the highways around here (and Kamloops too) considering the weather we get and the high passes.

Lots of room, not bad fuel economy for what it is, good reputation for reliability (HG's withstanding). But I wonder if a mix would not be better? The Forester and a more fuel efficient vehicle that would get used for the longer trips when weather permitted.

Tough call! Time for lots of road tests!

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
I had two XTs for a day till traded the old one in. The reason why? The AT only SH/XT. Had to get the last of the SG MT/XTs.

For the money nothing came close in performance and carrying capacity.

·
Registered
06 Forester STi
73 Posts
I DO have two! Both are 05s and we love them. One thing I love it I don't have to relearn where buttons/knobs are when switching cars, and for the most part they drive very similar so there is no adjustment period. I also know what the car is capable of and how it reacts. It also makes maintance much easier because the same tools work on both and most the parts are the same.
Agree :icon_biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts