Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re Forester X Luxury

Hi 1_hung_low,

Yes I saw the add in the paper Saturday before last actually, and since I picked up a brand new SX Luxury @ around $42K on Xmas eve, I was not amused. :cry:

But I still luuv my XS.

Werris

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
601 Posts
Saw the Limited editions and their Annual Demonstrator Clearance on the Subaru web site a fortnight ago. I was happy with a Royal Blue XL, but ended up with a demonstrator XSL registered in mid December, low kms, extras etc for about $41k! Very nice...

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
These are pretty hefty prices for a NA.

I got my XT auto (non L) for close to that price.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
601 Posts
From purely RRP terms, there is a gap between the XS and XSL of $3,500, and then a further $3,000 to the XT. Maybe there's more fat with the XT for a bigger discount? I would never have considered the Turbo anyway, so it was a moot point. I was really more interested in comparing the X and the XS.

If you are referring to my XSL, it does have a fair bit of extras I didn't spell out, and the factory 5-year warranty on the demonstrators was a good deal. Having said that, I could have sourced a couple of the accessories cheaper from the US and maybe save a couple of hundred...

The Limited Edition XL is a really good offer however, considering you get the sunroof, leather, rear window tint and (to me, rather ugly) rear spoiler for just another $2k, and includes rego, stamp duty and CTP! In any case, only 1,000 available, so no doubt they would be snapped up and we may have a few more owners joining a forum or two like this one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re Forester X Luxury

werris said:
Hi 1_hung_low,

Yes I saw the add in the paper Saturday before last actually, and since I picked up a brand new SX Luxury @ around $42K on Xmas eve, I was not amused. :cry:

But I still luuv my XS.

Werris
I think you are still way in front with the XS luxo in regards to appearance (colour-coded bumpers etc), alloys in lieu of steelies and no doubt resale value

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
601 Posts
Re: Re Forester X Luxury

1_hung_low said:
I think you are still way in front with the XS luxo in regards to appearance (colour-coded bumpers etc), alloys in lieu of steelies and no doubt resale value
The XS variant is indeed very nice, but the relative comparison between an XL vs XSL is not that easy. To make it even more complicated, I compared a new XL with rego, CTP etc included vs a near new demonstrator XSL.

I originally didn't like the two-tone treatment of the X near the nose, so I went for the Regal Blue to take that out of the equation. The XL's leather was only available in dark grey, and I preferred beige... The rear spoiler as part of the XL pack didn't do much for me either.

Then you look at what other extras the XS has over the X like upgraded sound system (alas no iPod integration...), climate control A/C, front fog lights, rear self levelling suspension, alloy wheels etc. All these worth the difference?

Because of the demonstrator special however, there was also an extra 2 years factory warranty. In the end, I went for aesthetics and comfort rather than the mostly practical. I can't say the XSL represents better value in the end, but boy it's much nicer! :D

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
I love that blue and almost went with it for my XT.

Gorgeous colour.

Some will say that black and blue take more work to look clean but I think it's worth it cf. boring silver :)

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
601 Posts
Candy said:
I love that blue and almost went with it for my XT.
Regal Blue was not my first choice, but I don't think I would go with any other colour with my beige leather. My first choice was actually Champagne Gold. Didn't like the Garnet Red although I used to have a Mica Ruby Liberty which was a darker red.

So what colour did you go with your XT?

Candy said:
Some will say that black and blue take more work to look clean but I think it's worth it cf. boring silver :)
Silver to me is like the car hadn't been painted! Don't mind the darker grey silvers, but definitely not tin cans. Only cars that can carry off the Silver in my mind are the smaller Audis, IMHO.

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Broadbean

I have selected Obsidian black pearl.

I've owned black cars before so am used to them.

I looked at all the colour options on the lot and black just looked the best to me.

My second choice was blue.

I expect delivery mid to late Feb

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
601 Posts
Candy said:
I have selected Obsidian black pearl.
It is rather menacing looking. My building has one - an XT in black. Haven't had a close enough look to see if it's got leather however.
I expect delivery mid to late Feb
Ah, now your signature makes more sense!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re Forester Luxury XS

1_hung_low said:
Considering the price I paid included full comp insurance with Subaru, (good value BTW) I am happy.

The X manual luxury pack is good value but as mentioned by others it lacks a few goodies.

BTW Silver is very serviceable color, Obsidium was my favourite but commonsense ruled and I went for the silver.

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
broadbean said:
It is rather menacing looking. My building has one - an XT in black. Haven't had a close enough look to see if it's got leather however.

Ah, now your signature makes more sense!
I steered away from leather. Never have liked it for car seats and the "moonroof" wasn't of much interest so I went non lux.

As for the sig, yes, might have to change that to early March if I don't hear from the dealer soon.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
601 Posts
Candy said:
I steered away from leather. Never have liked it for car seats and the "moonroof" wasn't of much interest so I went non lux.
I think the FXT in my building would meet your approval then! Black with no Luxury Pack!

Any reason you are still waiting for your XT? No one else has one, or you requested something extra?

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
I wanted MY06 compliance plate and my company car is still with me until mid March.

However, I am hopeful that it will be here mid Feb. Black MY06 FXT autos apparently aren't popular :) Suits me fine. I hate being practical.

G

·
My wife sighted the Ad for the X Leather and dragged me into the Showroom, but alas , they only came in manual.
However not to waste the trip, we decided to trade our MYo3 X on MYo6 X auto..
the funny thing was the the new one was $3k cheaper on road than the old.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
601 Posts
gibo2s said:
My wife sighted the Ad for the X Leather and dragged me into the Showroom, but alas , they only came in manual.
However not to waste the trip, we decided to trade our MYo3 X on MYo6 X auto..
the funny thing was the the new one was $3k cheaper on road than the old.
They are available in auto transmission - just costs more. I saw a Regal Blue sample. In the end, went with a one month old XSL demonstrator in Regal Blue with beige leather interior...

·
Registered
10 Posts
gibo2s said:
You might have to ask for availability for an auto - the subaru website says they are available in both drive systems. They are most likely the popular ones and getting snapped up more quickly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts