Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester 2.5i-S CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, great forum, this is my first post, so you could almost say I am a "newbee", as I have been a member since 2008.My car is 2007 Forester X A/t. I have been trawling through all of the threads to find info on my problem, the A/t on my car has been great, but a couple of months ago I noticed a change in the shift patterns, while accelerating the the gear changes can be felt, just like driving a manual. there is a slight hesitation as the next gear is selected. The car has done 34500 km"s. Because of the low miledge, I have it serviced on the times as against distance travelled.I had it serviced a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the problem to my mechanic, he suggested that as it is approaching 36000 km"s, it is due for a transmission service, which he carried out. When he removed the oil filter he let it drain and commented to me that it was very heavy after being drained, as though it was full of rubbish of some sort. He said to drive the car for a couple of weeks to see if this made a difference, I took it back yesterday for a checkup, when he went to connect he diagnostic machine he noticed a wire had been disconnected under the steering column, he reconnected it and said that as no data was recorded he could not check it, and to come back in a couple of days.
I drove about 2 km's and noticed the transmissoin oil temp light flashing, I rang my mechanic and he said to disconnect the plug I mentioned before and come back in a couple of days.
The plug in mention is green , with a black/white one side and orange /white on the other.
So come on guys and see if you can help me, many thanks.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The green connector should -not- be connected. Its the "test mode" connector. Was the filter on the transmission changed? Its the same size as an oil filter, but it seems the internals are different, putting an oil filter on can cause it to behave a little odd. Does it seem like its shifting later? The transmission can hold onto gears longer if you drive it hard, you could try resetting the ecu.

·
Registered
2019 Forester 2.5i-S CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A new filter was installed, I hope it's the right one,I don't drive it hard, more like a Volvo driver, that's what they say about Fosies over here.
I am going back to have the readout checked on Friday, I will suggest a reset of the ecu.
The warranty runs out in a couple of weeks, so I am making sure everythings OK.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,378 Posts
If the filter is not from Subaru, I would not trust it. Subaru filters are higher filtering volume, as I understand it. I don't trust your mechanic either.

·
Registered
2019 Forester 2.5i-S CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mechanic knows about the different filters so that's OK.
Does resetting the ecu wipe all data that,s been recorded,or is it still there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts