Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Legacy GT Lmtd
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find an exhaust set up for my xt and seems there are few choices in set ups for foresters. I've heard that a wrx exhaust or sti exhaust is the exact same and fits directly...is that true

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
they will fit, usually the tip will sit a little behind the bumper as the WRx and STI bumpers do not stick out as far. You will also need longer hangers to drop the tip down.
As long as the tip comes out pretty straight and flat you should be good. I've seen a couple people try STI/WRX exhausts with tips that are angled up and they don't fit to well.

·
Registered
05 FXT
39 Posts
I have an invidia downpipe to espilar catback and it fits all hangers but one (trust me it's not going anywhere), but the tip doesn't stick out as much as it does on my wrx. I have identical catbacks on my FXT and WRX, and the WRX sticks out a good three inches more (relative) than the FXT.

·
Registered
2006 Legacy GT Lmtd
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay....I'm looking at a perrin turbo back and making sure fit will be okay.either thAt or I'm looking at stromung cat back and BOrla UEL headers. Just making sure it will all fit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts