Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Car seat update.

I am now looking for a different car. Probably a Mini van:icon_sad: I know I know i dont know what else to do.
Wait, what's the problem :confused:
In our 08 my son sits forward facing behind the driver, and my 1 month old daughter sits rear facing behind the passenger.. I'm 6'1" and both front seats are fine.. no minivan..

·
Registered
04 Forester XT Auto
187 Posts
Wait, what's the problem :confused:
In our 08 my son sits forward facing behind the driver, and my 1 month old daughter sits rear facing behind the passenger.. I'm 6'1" and both front seats are fine.. no minivan..
Well i am 6' 3" and i need to have my seat back all the way and reclined a little.

In the 2008 fozz dont the rear seats adjust?

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Nope, 08 is still SG- 09 SH has backseat recline.

Check the carseat that's rear facing, our graco has a foot that extends to adjust the tilt, and when it's tilted it takes up way more room. As the little one gets bigger and stronger the tilt can be dialed down..

I would just re-adjust your seat if it were me, put the forward facing behind the driver and let the passenger sit tight until you get big enough for another forward facing seat.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
You might want to try putting in singer Impreza front seats. Their lower cushion hey will mean you might be able to move you seat up a click or yep and get the same feel that you have now.

I'm 6'1" and have my soon facing forward behind me and a rear facing behind the passenger. Not all forward facing seats give you good room. Our Britax Marathon is better than average, but our Recaro Young Sport is the best for room I've seen yet.

So maybe instead of a new car maybe just new front seats and baby seats.

Rear facing seats take up so much room, it's hard top get around that.

Sent from my phone, sorry for any typos or brevity

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
In the same boat. The SH does have about 3 or 4 more inches between driver and car seat when I sit in it. I'm 6'3" with sti seats and there is no legroom at all for my forward facing seat behind the driver in my SG. I am garppling with getting rid of it for an SH, but I am going to miss it a lot!

·
Registered
04 Forester XT Auto
187 Posts
I will have to try some other seats for the foward facing. I just checked at wal marts Some seemed like they would offer better leg room for both of us.

Replacing the front seats just doesn't make sense to me.

Even with the drivers seat up a notch my son is still kicking the seat

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
Even with the drivers seat up a notch my son is still kicking the seat
You aren't going to get away from him kicking the seat unless you get a VERY large car. We also have a 2011 legacy and he kicks that seat. Take a towel, poke two holes in it, put the headrest supports through it and drape over back of seat. My SG won't even accommodate his legs with me sitting in front of him.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts