Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 312 of 312 Posts

· Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,893 Posts
This may well be an early production (or even a pre-production) model that is used as a test bed and not a real production model. Usually, most vehicles are painted with hood and all in place and so they get the full paint under hood, inside doors and so on.

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
50 Posts
Since I spent the last few days nerding out over the service manual, I thought I'd share the list of mechanical differences I could find between the regular 2022 Forester and the Wilderness trim. Some of these are covered by reviewers, and some I hadn't seen before.

Suspension
  • Longer struts
  • Redesigned springs
  • Redesigned front sway bar
  • Redesigned front sway bar clamps
Drivetrain
  • Shorter CV axles (???)
  • Shorter final drive
  • Larger CVT case
  • Wider CVT ratio
  • CVT cooler
  • CVT-III fluid instead of CVT-II
  • Rear diff oil temperature sensor
  • New front transmission oil pump
Engine and Cooling
  • More powerful radiator fan (from the WRX)

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, so let me know and I'll update the post.

· Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,893 Posts
This has already been covered in other posts regarding the 2022 Wilderness.

Note that the thread started as part of another thread and was moved but through the many posts, most of the details of the Wilderness vs "regular" Forester models was broken down and discussed.

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
92 Posts
My Forester Wilderness came in much earlier than expected. Just drove it home. I can directly confirm that the spare tire does indeed have raised white letters, just as in the video I cited above.

· Administrator
21,192 Posts
Seems this thread is becoming a catch-all for topics that belong elsewhere so is now closed until it can be reviewed. Feel free to raise topics in the many other forum sections available.

301 - 312 of 312 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.