Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,284 Posts
I don't think that the Bronco Sport is really comparable to the Forester - except in the broadest sense of them both being SUVs.

......And seriously, the typical Forester shopper will not be a Bronco Sport shopper.
I wholeheartedly agree.

The Ford Bronco will cater to those already with a nostalgic tie to the first gen broncos of the 60's and 70s. For the average Forester owner, I don't see it as any sort of threat to sales for Subaru. Vehicles like the newer RAV4's, etc. are a different story.

Personally, I like the retro trend that started a number of years back and it's the reason I bought my 2010 Challenger R/T. Although I have a '69 Charger (and I love that year / car), I never was able to acquire the '70 Challenger I wanted. When the new Challengers hit the market in 2008 (and I saw all the design cues they took from the 1970 car), I had to have one.

You can't ignore the fact that the Bronco is a kind of niche vehicle in that is targeted at those kinds of people who feel a connection to that truck. Of course, they are also expecting others will like the design and the modern features, etc. and I think they will because the early Broncos design is simply one of those that just looks cool after all these years. .....just like the Camaros, Challengers, Mustangs, etc. It has a wide appeal to "car guys & gals".

The fact is, the typical Forester owner is a more "practical" type that isn't necessarily a car enthusiast or hung up on automotive nostalgia, cool looks, etc. like the rest of us. These are fairly generic looking vehicles but they also offer features, history, capability, etc. that some of us appreciate more than others.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.