Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 5MT XT
159 Posts
Yeah, I've seen it too. A textbook illustration of a justified punch to the nose by the pilot to the Forester "driver".

·
Casper reincarnated
2,246 Posts
andrewhg said:
View attachment 927 Just plodging around the net and found this poor old wreck. Apparently you should never park in the middle of a grass runway during an airshow!
http://www.mcherron.com/photos/aircraft/Avalon_Airshow_2003/sm_Damaged_aircraft.jpg

Not sure what came of worse. Luckily for the driver it was RHD. Wonder if the airbag deployed...

:drive:
Well he should have been watching the right aircraft not the one in the sky.
It happened here downunder but for the life of me I can't remember where the Airshow was, it could have been Melbourne. :think:

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
props are quieter than turbojets, especially two Pratt F100s, so it's just unfortunate that the forester driver was distracted by the eagle and stopped on a grass TAXIWAY <--note: for aircraft!. it's almost always the damn people on the ground who cause damage to aircraft that are simply following instructions.

can you tell i'm an aviation major? :p

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
64 Posts
Not quite the same situation -- but about 4 years ago my wife was driving our 2000 Jetta in Conn. An aircraft oil filter access panel (about 5" in diameter) fell off a US Air aircraft (probably on departure from Kennedy Airport) and hit our car on the narrow metal strip of roof between the windshield and the glass sunroof. The sunroof "exploded" into a million little glass balls and the windshield had spider webs like you wouldn't believe...The reaction of the USAA insurance adjuster was precious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts