Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just wondering if there's some sort of established rivalry between Forester owners and Outback owners. Both times I've encountered an Outback while I've had my Forester, the Outbacker has sped past me then cut me off and done all sorts of holier-than-thou type driving. I though everyone loved everyone (since Love is what makes a Subaru a Subaru...), but maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hey guys. Just wondering if there's some sort of established rivalry between Forester owners and Outback owners. Both times I've encountered an Outback while I've had my Forester, the Outbacker has sped past me then cut me off and done all sorts of holier-than-thou type driving. I though everyone loved everyone (since Love is what makes a Subaru a Subaru...), but maybe I'm wrong.
Never heard of that. As long as you have the Subaru name on your car (except the Tribeca, doesn't count), your like a family.

·
Premium Member
9,878 Posts
jealousy

Really I've never encountered what you've experienced, I'd say they are just inconsiderate drivers, and happened to drive Subarus too.:shrug:

·
Registered
896 Posts
^
What he said. I almost never have problems with other subie drivers. I get and give lots of compliments in traffic and at lights. And give and receive lots of courteous maneuvers on the street.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
I encountered exactly what you did. Its almost like he told me outta ma way forester guy :mob:

I ignored him, thought he was having a bad day.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well, in my neck of Western Pa, the average Outback owner seems to be a 75 year old great- grandmother and the average Forester owner is a 65-70 year old grandmother, so you get cut off because they have cataracts and didn't see you! -Really I'm 42 and seem to be the youngest non-Imprezza owner in my county!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I think most of it has to do with where the Subies are from. I know from when I lived in Cobb county, it seemed most of the real a$$es were driving with Bartow county tags. After I moved across to Jackson county by Athens, most all the real TOOLs have Barrow county tags. I don't think its anything to do with the brand, just what car a jerk picks to purchase.
Maybe one of these days they will legalize rocket launchers for roof mount on my Foz. :woohoo:
BTW...Welcome from the other side of the North Georgia Mtns!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think most of it has to do with where the Subies are from. I know from when I lived in Cobb county, it seemed most of the real a$$es were driving with Bartow county tags. After I moved across to Jackson county by Athens, most all the real TOOLs have Barrow county tags. I don't think its anything to do with the brand, just what car a jerk picks to purchase.
Maybe one of these days they will legalize rocket launchers for roof mount on my Foz. :woohoo:
BTW...Welcome from the other side of the North Georgia Mtns!
I really don't see a whole lot of Bartow tags here in Cobb actually, but I agree with you on how they drive. Rocket launchers FTW. I was up in Dahlonega the other day and it just seems like the farther North you go, the more Subies you see.

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
Ever check out legacygt.com?

This is a HUGE generalization, but Legacy and Outback owners tend to look down on Foresters as ugly, cheap and non-performance-oriented. In a way, it's true, but some aren't nice about it.

Having said that, I've had Legacy and Outback owners give me huge compliments about my car.

Stan

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ever check out legacygt.com?

This is a HUGE generalization, but Legacy and Outback owners tend to look down on Foresters as ugly, cheap and non-performance-oriented. In a way, it's true, but some aren't nice about it.

Stan
They look at US like that?! :huh: Well I guess they're entitled to their opinions, even though they're wrong... I can see their point with the Legacy, but not so much with the Outback. Why can't everybody just love everybody? (ELE)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Burn! Don't even get me started on FL drivers...
Oh I know all about it. Florida (read: Yankee) drivers are terrible and part of the reason we are moving up North to get back in the South! HAHA (Moving North by compass, south by culture to Virginia or NC in 13 months).

Although if you have the cheesy black "G" that was ripped off the GB Packers one you Foz, I don't blame the Outback driver. :biggrin:

Now I am prefacing this with the fact that I love my Forester as much as my Outback.

BUT, comparing the build quality of the Forester to the Outback does make the Foresters seem cheap. Forester has the build quality you would expect for a car of its price. Outback's build quality is as good as my Acura TLs was, which is to say the quality matches that of a much more expensive vehicle. As for ugly, pretty much ALL Subarus are ugly, which is what I like about them. Kind of like the puppy that's so ugly he's cute. Just in this case, some Subarus are so outlandish they are sexy. HAHA As for performance, neither of mine are turbo so that's a wash. The Forester does have the tighter suspension, so probably a slight edge here.

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
That's cuz you got a bad-a*# car that'll smoke most legacys and outbacks.
Thank you. Before the '09 change, Outback platform did provide a more solid and comfortable ride due to the IRS. I would love a manual Legacy wagon. But, the Impreza pieces don't bolt up so it's more difficult to modify the car.

Stan

1 - 20 of 39 Posts