Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 forester gt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently purchased a 01 gt forester and have already started a list of mod's on a to do list just wondering if anyone could tell me how much hastle it is to swap wrx parts mainly exaust to start with and if any mods are needed to fit 17" wheels since i dont enjoy the look of the stock ones at all

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Ajo,

I have just fitted 17" WRX 2003 alloys and had to use 3mm spacers on the rear to clear the struts.

Exhaust parts from a classic Impreza should all fit apart from the backbox which will need to be 3 inches or so longer to clear the Forester bumper and the mounting brackets are in a different place - the down pipe and centre cat/decat pipe should all fit

Do a search on here as there are loads of threads on the subject.

The single best mod I have done is fit front and rear whiteline solid drop links (not the wire ones) really improves the feel.

Have fun, Tom

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
Hi Ajo,

The single best mod I have done is fit front and rear whiteline solid drop links (not the wire ones) really improves the feel.

Have fun, Tom
Tom ~
Why would drop links improve the feel of the car??? I have not seen the length or other dimensions of these, but do wonder how a solid object can make a difference beyond not failing.
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts