Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Forester sti

('03-'05) 
11K views 59 replies 10 participants last post by  Jackstar 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had a forester xt since June 2019,
after spending too much on it and with plans to spend even more 🙄 I found a forester sti for sale for a what I believe to be a good price, after a trip to view it I left a deposit and I was a proud owner of a 2004 fsti.

its at 340bhp at 1.3bar
HKS air filter
fujitsubo turbo back

I'll post some pics up when I work out how lol

#32 ·
Got a little bored today so I changed the spark plugs to see if that is the cause of my hesitation between 3,000-4,000rpm, hope the price of these plugs are worth it (although they came with the car upon purchase)

Also my set of coilover covers arrived, very pleased with them and the service, can be made to your measurements and a range of colours to choose.

#33 ·
Not been doing much to the foz recently, I've brought next doors garage and knocking them into one

Before I owned it

After, with a friends Impreza that was in need of a clutch 👍

I have managed a few weeks ago to get the coilovers fitted, with 4 wheel bearings, arp wheel studs, rear brakes and front ball joints.

I'm not liking how it handles at the moment and there's too much bounce (non damping adjustable). But I'll tweak the wheel geometry and see if it gets better, if not the standard shock will go back on.

Also it's set at its highest at the back and I'd like it to be higher

Attachments

#36 ·
Not much has happened with the forester for a while, been using it as my daily for abit, it's not missed a beat (touching wood).
Just had a set of Yoko ad08rs 235/40/18 fitted and the rear arches rolled by Simon at arch enemy to clear the new tyres.

I'm not happy with the bilstein b14's so I'll either go back to the original shocks and the tein springs I've got in the shed or get a set of tein flex z when funds allows.

I've also recently been making enquiries about building a forged engine for more bhp's :cool:

#37 ·
I've finally decided to fit the killer b sump and pick up pipe that I brought July last year.
Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Metal

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Bicycle

While it's in the garage I'll spruce a few bits up, the headlights are going to the body shop tomorrow to see what they can do with the cloudy lenses, got a Harvey trick up pipe to go on and tidy up a few bits under the bonnet.

Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille

Brought a couple of set of wheels a few weeks ago, a set of Speedline Turinis for winter and a set of O.Z's that badly needs a refurb, ill alternate these with the wedsports sa70
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Tread

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Also a sneaky shot of the new front number plate :cool:

#38 ·
I had a friend round today to fit an induction kit to his RS3, it makes an amazing noise now. I'd already fitted a silencer delete pipe but the induction makes most of the noise
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

After that I decided to work on a proper car 😜, got the killer b windage tray, pickup pipe and sump on, also got my Harvey up pipe on while the engine was off its mounts

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Vehicle Automotive design

#48 ·
Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

She's back on four wheels (winter wheels) and looking fresh with the newly polished headlights

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Killer b sump all covered up, no one would ever know it's there.

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Car

Just need to get the rear spacers re-drilled to 5x100 as I got sent 5x114 and can't find any more that'll work with my wheels/ARP studs. Just pleased to drive it again.

#51 · (Edited)
Hand Finger Thumb Automotive tire Circle
If they look like the first picture, peely peely as per the second picture.
Once you have finished peeling they will look like the third picture.

Pure carbon weave.

You can get new ones from rimstlye in ashford, not to far from you, they come from italy, postage is a fortune so buy 4

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.