Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester STI Manual
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, sometimes the fob is not working great, have to walk right up to the car to unlock.

Anyone point me in the direction of which battery the fob takes?

Also, only have 1 key. Anybody had a spare made up for an STI? Who by?

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
Gareth will be able to advise you about making a spare key as i believe he had this done recently.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,966 Posts
Have you got your key code... four digits?

As Fivos said, I have managed to get a replacement key coded for mine.

If you don't have the code, I know a chap who might be able to help.

Let me know. :biggrin:

·
Registered
04 Forester STI Manual
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you got your key code... four digits?

As Fivos said, I have managed to get a replacement key coded for mine.

If you don't have the code, I know a chap who might be able to help.

Let me know. :biggrin:
Hmm, no I don't believe I have the key code :(

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,966 Posts
Actually, just noticed that you have an '04 so you may not need one!

Subaru should be able to code one. Takes about twenty minutes. If you do need the code the IM Group can get it... if you know the right person to get at it.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,966 Posts
Personally I wouldn't trust that key.

I got mine ordered in using the JDM parts database to ensure it was the right one. Timpsons cut it and the dealer coded it.

Total cost was c£120 I think.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
Personally I wouldn't trust that key.

I got mine ordered in using the JDM parts database to ensure it was the right one. Timpsons cut it and the dealer coded it.

Total cost was c£120 I think.
How did you manage to get Timpsons to cut it?

I asked them if they could cut my STi titanium key and they can only cut keys they supply themselves they said :chair:

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,966 Posts
How did you manage to get Timpsons to cut it?

I asked them if they could cut my STi titanium key and they can only cut keys they supply themselves they said :chair:
Natural charm. :biggrin:

That and I agreed that if it didn't work they weren't liable. Given I didn't sign anything I couldn't see the downside!

Not sure if that pic above is from the STi or XT, or if that matters.

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
723 Posts
Two part numbers options come up for your car in bold below (they are the same for all FSTI). Using google translate it seems that the first might be through a supplier?

In any case if you ring your local subaru dealer, give them your VIN and both of the two part numbers as options they will be able to advise.

部品見積書
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
登録No. 見積年月日 2014/07/01
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
お客様名 自宅TEL 主作業
様 勤務先TEL エンジン型式 EJ255
〒 内線 初度登録年月
ご住所 型式 登録年月日
車台番号 走行キロ
OP・外・内
車種名 S11 見積者 販売員
部品番号 / 部品コード / FIG 部品コード名称 / 仕入 数量 部品金額
57430SA010 キー プレート,キー レス エン仕入 KS 1 18,900 C
57497A FIG-580
57497SA010 キー プレート,キー レス エントリ 1 16,800 C
57497A FIG-580
小   計 35,700
消 費 税 0
総計追加 0
合   計 35,700

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
I just picked up a nice 2004 fsti and it only has the one key also , very annoying ! It has the 2 button open close function and won't start without the clutch being engaged .....did anybody manage to get a working spare key with the transponder for the factory jdm alarm/ immobiliser ?

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,966 Posts
It's normal for JDM cars not to start if the clutch isn't engaged.

I'm not sure anyone on here has managed to get what you're after. Certainly I haven't. It's worth checking back over the posts on the subject that NorthDowns put, as he definitely had one, but I think when he got the second the alarm was controlled by a separate fob.

Is the FSTi for you or sale?

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
Just wondering if anybody managed to find somewhere in the uk that can supply a matching spare coded key for the jdm cars (not blank) ...obviously will need programming in etc as a blank spare would only get me into the car setting the alarm off and it will be immobilised ,pic attached of the actual key
Cheers chaps ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
If I can't find a supplier it could be a case of going down the aftermarket alarm route I guess and bypassing the factory fit alarm

·
Registered
2005 Forester Sti Manual
261 Posts
Mine only came with two 57497 keys and one Toad alarm button fob.

Both keys worked, but obv the car wouldn't start without the alarm fob. So got another Toad fob on ebay and programmed it myself using the key turning method.

So no idea what happened to my Subaru alarm/immobiliser as everything on mine runs off the Toad

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XTen & FSti Manual
730 Posts
Ah exactly the same with my car. I have a single key and single Toad fob. The buttons on the key don't do anything. I'm presuming that there is no separate immobiliser in the key so if I'm using the Toad alarm system to unlock the car it should just be a case of sorting a new fob and cutting a new key.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts