Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester Sti
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a Forester STI IIM Japanese import GF-SF5, can anyone help and tell me what the IIM means?

·
Registered
06 Forester STi
73 Posts
The SF5 STi was first released as part of the model a & b (98-99) line up.

The STi II was released as part of the upgraded model d & e (01-02) line up

Another variation, the STi II Type M, was also available at this time

Note the larger bumpers & rear spoiler.

Good score!! :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Sounds like he has an M already.

<----- Jealous.

I agree with the first brochure, Way COOL!

:)

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
STi II Type M is awesome.
Is yours an auto? It seems like most of them are for some reason despite it being a high performance version.

·
Registered
2002 Forester Sti
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is a manual, only bought it last week 1 day before going on holiday, so have not really driven it. Here is a picture, it has walnut trim on the dash and doors and different wheels. The one nex to it in the picture is auto sti, but not the type 2 M.
What are the thoughts on up grades, looking at FMIC, taking off the cat (for off road use of course) boost controller and turbo timer?
Any input on these would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
It is a manual, only bought it last week 1 day before going on holiday, so have not really driven it. Here is a picture, it has walnut trim on the dash and doors and different wheels. The one nex to it in the picture is auto sti, but not the type 2 M.
What are the thoughts on up grades, looking at FMIC, taking off the cat (for off road use of course) boost controller and turbo timer?
get some bigger wheels to fill out those flared fenders!!!
looks great too

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
My STi IIM :)
I own them for six months, it's great!
Nice one. Do you have problems with RHD in Russia or do you manage OK? :)

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
Full 3" exhaust and some sort of ECU upgrade whether it's a tune or a Power FC will really wake that car up.
+1 on the bigger wheels and maybe a set of lowering springs or coilovers as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
STi II Type M is awesome.
Is yours an auto? It seems like most of them are for some reason despite it being a high performance version.
AFAIK the Type M was a limited run of 800 vehicles, and all were manual. The STI II however, had the auto option, but this is not designated as a Type M.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
AFAIK the Type M was a limited run of 800 vehicles, and all were manual. The STI II however, had the auto option, but this is not designated as a Type M.
Something makes me think I've seen pics or vids online of an auto Type-M.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts