Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my 2020 Forester Sport yesterday - delivery scheduled in the last week of August ... unless the dealer can expedite the delivery... or unfortunately the current virus issues create a delay.

Looking forward to saying good by to my 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2 door hardtop so that I have more room for guests and "stuff".

The only mod I will need to make ASAP is getting an after market trailer hitch with a 2 inch receiver so that my Kuat bike rack fits. No intention to tow trailers so I will NOT have a trailer light harness installed. I will most likely find a UHaul dealer for the installation as I have done with previous cars I have owned.

Let the adventures begin!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,028 Posts
@Sport Adventure welcome to the forum from Oregon!
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
9 Posts
We just picked up our '20 Forester Sport the other day!! Our dealer drove 300 miles to pick it up as they are insanely hard to come by now days! Congrats you will love it!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
992 Posts
Welcome to Fozlandia...

Not only will you have more room for "guests and stuff" you'll also have a much more comfortable ride and very possibly much better MPGs....

As for the hitch - you can also go to etrailer and see what they have. I got the ... draw tite hitch with a 2" box for ... was it about $150? May have been less as I also ordered the 2" drop receiver (to raise a flatbed I sometimes tow) and the ball, plus assorted hardware/accessories.

I know it was under $200 for all of it. Had a pal install at the shop he works at... It's pretty easy... No cutting of the bumper cover, hitch receiver is just under the bottom lip. and it doesn't stick out beyond the face of the bumper, either. Have not had it drag at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts