Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 FXT CVT
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had the Forester specific STi pinks and it is very balanced between ride comfort and cornering, but ground clearance is not much better than my STi. The other day I went into play in snow and dragged under carriage a lot.

Now I'm thinking about installing both Subtle skidplate and 1" lift kit to get the ride height back to stock - does this mess with suspension geometry at all?

Also since you are taking struts off, you need an alignment correct?

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
That setup will work just fine...I believe The Wraith ran that for a while on his car. FSTi springs + a 1" lift should put you back to stock height. I considered it at one time, but I decided to go back to OEM springs with the 1" lift for the extra clearance. And yes, you should do an alignment whenever springs/struts are removed/replaced.

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
So I've had the Forester specific STi pinks and it is very balanced between ride comfort and cornering, but ground clearance is not much better than my STi. The other day I went into play in snow and dragged under carriage a lot.

Now I'm thinking about installing both Subtle skidplate and 1" lift kit to get the ride height back to stock - does this mess with suspension geometry at all?

Also since you are taking struts off, you need an alignment correct?
We have both products in stock.

I would definitely get an alignment after any suspension modification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts