Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT Luxury
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I hope someone can shed some light one this. I have been after a set of Forester-specific lowering pink springs for quite awhile now and have finally found a set that is off a 2002 JDM Forester SG5 STi. Does anyone know whether these springs will fit on the inverted struts of a JDM Forester SG9 STi?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
2002 is SF not SG?

I have the earlier springs fitted to the later inverted struts, you need the earlier tophat and a small spacer to centre the tophap while torquing the topnut, I used a short piece of 15mm plumbing pipe, worked perfectly!

Simon

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT Luxury
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2002 is SF not SG?

I have the earlier springs fitted to the later inverted struts, you need the earlier tophat and a small spacer to centre the tophap while torquing the topnut, I used a short piece of 15mm plumbing pipe, worked perfectly!

Simon
Thanks for your reply Simon. The pink springs I'm interested in is apparently from an SG5. I understand the confusion as I also thought only the SF5 were made in 2002. I have just learned that the SG model was already available in some countries in 2002. The difference between an SG5 and SG9 is the engine displacement. An SG5 has an EJ20 and the SG9 has an EJ25.

Also, I may have been mistaken. The pink springs are not off a 2002 Forester SG5 Sti, but are made by STi for the Subaru Forester SG5 model as lowering springs. So I guess my question is, will these set of pink springs fit on the inverted struts of the SG9 STi take-offs?

I inclined to think that it will fit, but hoping to find some answers here.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts