Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have what is hopefully a quick question. I am looking at swapping the struts/springs in my 06 FXT. I have visited a few of the better known spring manufacturers (H&R, Eibach and a couple of others) and I can't seem to find anyone that lists specific springs for a Forester. I have read others talk about using WRX suspension setups and I have also seen threads where people talk about Eibach, Tokico, etc... These manufacturers all list springs for the WRX. (wagon and sedan) Would these work on a Forester. If so, I am guessing that the WRX wagon is the spring I should look at?

Thanks,
Dino
www.thetheos.com

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Have you got self levelling struts on the rear ?
Presuming you want to lower the ride height as well as improve handling, if you do you'll need to swap out the struts as well.
Alternatively whiteline do a kit for the forester which involves modifying the existing strut by cutting it down and replacing it with a non self levelling insert. They then have a choice of 2 springs to use depending on the drop you are looking for.
Otherwise there are a few options available for coilovers etc which are Forester specific but run to quite a lot of money and availablity will be a key factor depending on where you are.

Let me know if you need more info as a few of us have been looking at the various options for self levellers..
Cheers
Pete

·
Premium Member
2006 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete,
I don't believe that I have self leveling struts. If I am not mistaken these were only available on the LL Bean. I'd love to go the H&R route with Bilstein struts. I previously had this setup and really liked it a lot. The springs give about an 1.5" drop.
I absolutely will do the struts as well. I am pretty open to any decent aftermarket strut. (tokico, koni, bilstein, etc...) I made the mistake once of not upgrading shocks with a spring swap.

Dino
www.thetheos.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts