Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions for aftermarket replacement speakers for an 02 forester...?
i'm not looking to wake the neighbors, i just want to get a little better sound
than what the stock speakers give without having to cut out any new/larger holes, etc - i just want to swap-and-go with minimal fuss. any help is appreciated....thanks...!

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Catalog sale at Allsubaru......they sent me a monthly special list few weeks ago:

http://www.allsubaru.com/catalog.html

H6300FS000 Premium Speaker Kit, Forester 2000, 2001, 2002 List $179.00 Clearance price $37.00

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody actually use these factory upgrades? They seem really cheap to be honest. I am also thinking about some upgrades...

Thanks,

Joel

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
JAC said:
Anybody actually use these factory upgrades? They seem really cheap to be honest. I am also thinking about some upgrades...

Thanks,

Joel
I put in the JDM upgraded speakers 10x the better sound and a friend put the upgraded USDM speakers 9x better than stock

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I put some pioneer 6.5 in the front.. highs are vastly improved but the bass still sucks..

thats why this week (wednesday) I'm going to throw in my 12 inch sub.. in my aru..

sub..aru.

subaru..

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited High Torque CVT
783 Posts
Agreed...the factory upgrades are a pretty good choice for your buck. The subwoofer is also a great upgrade...just a little extra bump without bulky boxes or weight.

Jackie

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
GIT-R-DONE said:
I put in the JDM upgraded speakers 10x the better sound and a friend put the upgraded USDM speakers 9x better than stock
What does JDM and USDM mean?

Also, will these H6300FS000 Premium Speaker Kit, Forester 2000, 2001, 2002 List $179.00 Clearance price $37.00 fit my 2006 Forester?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market
USDM = US Dometic Market

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
i've got the full OEM set (tweets + front and rear door speakers) got all six brand new off of ebay for around $50 + ship. Night and day better.

For my '98, the speakers are poly cones (replaces factory paper) and made by panasonic. Not sure what the right part will be for your '01, but odds are that it's the same one.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
pleiad7 said:
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market
USDM = US Dometic Market
Thanks, but how would you know if you are buying speakers meant for JDM or USDM?

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
higgledy said:
Thanks, but how would you know if you are buying speakers meant for JDM or USDM?
Look from where your buying it from, usually it will state it also ;)

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
I know that the 05's had an upgraded speaker package. Do the 06's have that? I thought that they just included all that with the 06. I was pleasently surprised and how good the stock speakers sounded. They are way btter than the OEM upgraded speakers I had in my 02 WRX. I would like to install a better 6x9 sub and put in some dynomat. I know that someone on here was going to buy a pair and wanted to sell one, if you're out there let me know (or anyone else for that matter).

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
What size are those front speakers? 6 1/2"? I like how you don't have to remove the whole door card to replace the speakers. Now that I know that it's that easy I am definitly going to invest in a set of fronts. How do those Pioneers sound compared to stock? Do you have stock tweeters? If so I would think that having two tweeters would make the sound tinny.

Anyone what to split the cost of a set of 6x9 subs to replace the one in the back?

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the SF's came with factory door tweeters

As for the sound, I just had to adjust the treble and it sounds great.

The pioneers defintaly helped out with bringing out the high's but the bass still sucks :(

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I've got the upgraded speakers (all 6) and the subwoofer. Put them in about 2 years ago. The sound is much better than the standard speakers (still using the OEM deck.) I wouldn't have paid full retail for them though! I think I paid ~$30 for the 4 door speaker set, ~$15 for the 2 tweeters, and ~$120 for the subwoofer.

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
I realized that the after I left work and looked down and didn't see the lovely lines that would suggest there is a nice little pop off grill that says "go ahead, replace that speaker, it's eeeeeaaaaasssssy".

Taking off the whole door card bites.

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
SenorSubie said:
I'm pretty sure that the SF's came with factory door tweeters
Nope. The L models most certainly did not. Pop off the grille and see what's there. Might have changed in later model years, but I think the S models came with the tweets, and the Ls did not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts