Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. REPORTS BEST DECEMBER EVER AND ALL-TIME RECORD SALES FOR 2013

SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. REPORTS BEST DECEMBER EVER AND ALL-TIME RECORD SALES FOR 2013

Forester Sales: 13,229 for Dec 2013 vs. 8,764 for Dec 2012.

Forester Sales total in 2013: 123,592 vs. 2012's sales of 76,347. That is a 61.9% increase YTY.

Subaru brand total sales: 424,683 in 2013 vs. 336,441 in 2012. That is a 26.2% increase for the whole brand.

Congratulations to Subaru! :Banane35:

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
15,021 Posts
To all those that say Foresters should include this and not that and that and not this.......And Subaru is screwing up by not building a carline that includes yada., yada, yada... I rest my case.

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To all those that say Foresters should include this and not that and that and not this.......And Subaru is screwing up by not building a carline that includes yada., yada, yada... I rest my case.
Exactly!

Once they get a new 3 row here to replace the Tribeca, sales will improve even more!

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
Yeah, it does not seem like the lack of a manual transmission XT is hurting them.
I think the strategy of offering the "CVT+SI Drive" converted a few of us kicking and screaming over to the dark side. The 4EAT wasn't going to get it done for me.

According to my local dealer, the 2.5 is outselling the XT about 15:1. That might explain why Subaru didn't "niche the niche".

·
Premium Member
'19 Forester LTD CVT
3,248 Posts
The manual was NEVER popular on the XT. Subaru saved way more money by not designing the SH XT with a manual than they ever would have made on sales, hence why the manual option was dropped.

·
Registered
2015 forester XT Premium, 2019 Forester Premium
111 Posts
I think the strategy of offering the "CVT+SI Drive" converted a few of us kicking and screaming over to the dark side. The 4EAT wasn't going to get it done for me.

According to my local dealer, the 2.5 is outselling the XT about 15:1. That might explain why Subaru didn't "niche the niche".
I agree 100% , I bought a 2010 5mt over and 4eat auto xt because of the auto transmission felt awful . I now have a 2014 xt with cvt and love it ...... Still want a manual but ..... The cvt is nice and S# is my super power button and x-mode is sick as well. I like the sh body styling better though if they had the sh with 2014 tech it would have been a hit for me .

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2011 Forester XS TD MT6
49 Posts
Looks like a somewhat global success. New SUV registrations in Finland for Sep 2013, number of units:

1. Subaru Forester 101
2. Volvo XC60 101
3. Toyota RAV4 85
4. Honda C-RV 82
5. BMW 3-sarja 61

About 40% of Subaru sales are Forester here, according to sales staff. Still not as heavily biased as with Nissan's Qashai, 2/3 of their total sales the past year or two.

Looks like the new Forester has been well received. Wonder what has made the difference with sales, I've understood there's at least more equipment available for the same buck, compared with previous generations.

·
Registered
2015 Impreza 5-Door Sport Auto (CVT)
2,351 Posts
I know 5 people who bought the new Crosstrek XV this year! So they are flying off the lots also I think. The people I know love them.

Don't anyone else besides myself that has 14 Forester though.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5mt
140 Posts
Yep, just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong.

And I love me some manual XT.

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bingo. I am really surprised that Subaru still makes both engines. You figure if there were no XT at least half that bought the XT would have gone over to the 'X". It will be interesting to see what the engine choice in the next 5 years continues to be.
That is an interesting thought.

I don't know if I would have or not... definitely not if they did not have the appearance package of the XT.

I probably would have gone with something different. Jeep Grand Cherokee/Dodge Durango/Ford Edge. Possibly a pickup truck.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium CVT
109 Posts
I ordered an XT but was torn between the extra power vs the need for premium. I'd have bought a 2.5 without hesitation if there were no XT option. It was really the smoother feel of the XT drivetrain that sold me rather than the power anyway, and the 2.5 isn't bad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts