Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Do you want to see a database/registry of all Forester years and configurations???

• Yes

Votes: 173 95.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 4.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The North America Subaru Forester Registry is up and running!

LINK
to the Registry. I'll be updating it often to add more info so stay tuned! UPDATE: The database still has a few glitches, which I'm working out. If you filled out the form, your info is there, even though you can't see it. I just need to change a few things in the form to get rid of the problem.

LINK to query table.

LINK to the form.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what the database would look like. LINK I'll also add query functions and statistical analyses as the database grows. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1998 Forester
593 Posts
I don't want those G-men knowing about my Forester. First they keep track of your guns, then they know who has cars capable of surviving in the back country after the invasion forces land...a database scares me....lol.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
I don't want those G-men knowing about my Forester. First they keep track of your guns, then they know who has cars capable of surviving in the back country after the invasion forces land...a database scares me....lol.
Don't worry, you are from Jersey so the entire state is already highly tracked lol...:icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
sounds cool if you ask me... it not only helps you find similar year Foresters, but helps you find guys local to you for meet/assistance purposes.

Hopefully people list at least their hometown, and don't vague it up with just "Ohio" or something.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
It would be useful to sort by city.

Also, maybe a column to select if you Foz is stock/tuner/off road beast. That way those with the same mod interest could sort for those that share that specific interest.

Just my .02

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,162 Posts
Garbage in, garbage out.

List a goofy location (or a goofy anything else) and you get no benefit from being there in the first place. And you get a reputation for being goofy.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Garbage in, garbage out.

List a goofy location (or a goofy anything else) and you get no benefit from being there in the first place. And you get a reputation for being goofy.
The form will contain "City" and "State" fields, both of which will be required to continue to the rest of the form.

I'm using mostly check boxes and multiple choice questions, so "goofiness" should be limited. :)

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would anyone be opposed to listing their VIN as a means of tracking the vehicles? For privacy reasons, I can easily change the settings within the database, so the VIN #s are not publicly visible.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,162 Posts
I certainly don't mind exhibiting it on my Forester, since that's where it is. I'm not a privacy freak. But I don't see how it would serve a useful purpose here.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.