Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just because I own one now, but I see them everywhere especially the 2009/2010 models like I have. I was driving approaching a red light at an intersection I see a sage green like mine go through the intersection, I come to a stop look across and notice a black 2nd gen, then right next to that one I see a brown 2009 in the turn lane, and finally I saw a 2010 Newport Blue come to a stop as the lights were cycling.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Haha, I do the same. I always look for Foresters. I love see how people customize them but here in mid-upstate NY, they really don't do much to them.

I've got a few minor mods plus WRX rims.

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
There's a bunch of '09-'10 Foresters around here too, in SW Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XP 5MT
106 Posts
I do the same thing here in Charlotte, NC but I don't see many. Definitley more than there used to be though. I was in Seattle a couple of weeks ago and they were everywhere! My gf had to tell me to shut up because i would say "subaru" under my breath every time we saw one. That got old, quick (to her at least)>:icon_cool:

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
theres quite a few in my area too... usually older gen models that dont have anything done to them.... usually driven by old women lol.... but i did pass by an 09 yesterday and the guy jus stared and drooled all over mine haha

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,750 Posts
It's difficult for we of the SF or SG generations to spot the SH Foresters.

·
Premium Member
2010 2.5 XT Limited
342 Posts
There are a lot of 09-10 non-turbo forester in Iowa, but mostly driven by old people, so hopefully, forester is not going to be label as Grandma or Grandpa car here "-_-

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
Subarus are generally very popular here in NE-Ohio, in the Snow/Rust-Belt.

I'm a car-nut by nature, and ID'ing vehicles, visually, has always been a fun game for me. In my local area, I'm known as "the Subaru Stalker," simply because I "sight/spot" so many to post on our local Forums. :smile:

Previous generations of Foresters and Outbacks, especially, can be seen virtually everywhere, driven by a wide cross-spectrum of the population. Of these, the SH-chassis Forester were an instant hit with our fellow Buckeyes: they're truly *everywhere*. I've recently also started to notice more and more of the current-generation Outbacks on-road as well. Imprezas, particularly of the current generation, are also extremely popular - the WRXs and STIs, though, are usually found only among their usual select demographic.

Strangely enough, the 4th generation Legacys were not nearly as frequently sighted - of these, especially, the sedans did not seem to become common until just 2008/9, and when considering the total demographics, the turbocharged variants are a virtual rarity. The same can be said of the new BM-chassis Legacy sedan, too. The BP wagon variant, non-turbo, can be routinely spotted as well, and is quite popular, with an about even mix with their counterpart Outbacks.

Tribecas are a noted minority, but they're still definitely there.

·
SF.org Hero
04 FXTi 5MT
648 Posts
colorado - these things are everywhere and they are all driven by lesbians or old people ... but I figure that puts me under the radar. :)

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
They are everywhere in PNW but so are Imprezas and Legacys.

I agree the SH is harder to pick out from the previous generations.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XP 5MT
106 Posts
I guess what's strange is the lack of SF and SG foresters down here. I guess the redesign is appealing to a "broader market", right?

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,684 Posts
when i was traveling around michigan and ohio for almost a month, i barely saw a handful of subarus. it was surprising to me. almost every other car i saw in connecticut was a forester. new york and yew jersey had a lot of subarus. i saw a lot of foresters and legacy sedans in pittsburgh. philly had quite a bit of foresters. south carolina had a ton of foresters and outbacks, particularly around the charleston area.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
when i was traveling around michigan and ohio for almost a month, i barely saw a handful of subarus.
^ Probably a difference based on the specific areas you traveled. :smile:

Trust me - come to the near-eastern suburbs of Cleveland. You'll see more Subarus than you can shake a stick at. :biggrin: At virtually every major intersection, I'll give better than even odds that there'll be at least one other Subaru within sighting distance, if not against your flanks. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
The 2009+ forester's are the most popular forester's ever.. there everywhere. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2009 Forester Touring
25 Posts
I just got back from LaChute, Quebec. Subaru's in general are big there, however I've never seen so many SH's as I have there in one place.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
The 2009+ forester's are the most popular forester's ever.. there everywhere. :woohoo:
I drove out US 422 between Indiana and Kittanning, then down 66 toward Leechburg today. Passed nine '09-10 Foresters and four older (1 SF & 3 SG models). Most I've EVER seen in one day -and that was in a hour of driving. We were in our Honda Element- which is always when I see Foresters-driving my Foz I see mostly Imprezas and Legacy's. Haven't seen a Tribeca in weeks- though they look so much like a Chrysler Pacifica from the front these days I may have missed a couple.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT 4EAT
234 Posts
I drove out US 422 between Indiana and Kittanning, then down 66 toward Leechburg today. Passed nine '09-10 Foresters and four older (1 SF & 3 SG models). Most I've EVER seen in one day -and that was in a hour of driving. We were in our Honda Element- which is always when I see Foresters-driving my Foz I see mostly Imprezas and Legacy's. Haven't seen a Tribeca in weeks- though they look so much like a Chrysler Pacifica from the front these days I may have missed a couple.
Same freakin thing happens to me. I always see WRXs/STi's/Foresters when I'm not in mine. I'm kinda starting to think they dont like me :icon_frown:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts