Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
143 Posts
My 19 Touring has a great ride. If you want the NA engine the Forester is the better choice. The OB may ride slightly better with more wheelbase but its hard to tell. If you want power the OB is the way to go and you can get into a base Onyx around 34k

·
Registered
18' 2.5 Premium 6MT
146 Posts
I find the ride of the 2019/20 Forester to be consistent with that of the prior generations. It is partially due to the shape and part of what makes a Subaru a Subaru. The biggest difference between the two is the shape which gives it the great visibility.
Most cars / crossovers have to balance comfort with handling but Subaru also makes an effort at off road capability which adds a third element to compromise. The vehicles that manage to do all of these well have active suspension and variable ride height but that can be a costly nightmare and only comes on vehicles well above the price class of any Subaru.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Already looking into my next car and after having the Forester, I am curious what the argument would be for getting an outback. Please chime in on your opinion about each car head to head.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,790 Posts
Outback is a raised Legacy wagon. It sits like a car, and has the visibility of a wagon. Personally, the only reason I'd look at one is if the Forester doesn't drop a XT model next summer. But it would only be a stop-gap solution for me at best. I prefer the Forester otherwise.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,778 Posts
Both the Forester and Outback come with a "feature" that some find annoying, Auto Start/Stop. If you are one that does not like AS/S then you want to go with the Forester. Why? AS/S can be temporality defeated on the Forester with a simple push of a button. However, on the new Outback the AS/S defeat "button" is hidden two menus deep on the touchscreen. Since you have to defeat AS/S every time you start the car, doing so can be a PIA on an Outback. Also on the Outback, some of the HVAC functions are controlled via the touchscreen unlike the Forester's simple and less distracting knobs and buttons.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Honestly, that is my largest complaint with my forester. If a car taps its brakes in front of me, my car slams the brakes like its about to avoid a 30 car pile up. I hope they fix that in the future. To be honest I feel as though it is more dangerous as it is helpful at times.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,778 Posts
Honestly, that is my largest complaint with my forester. If a car taps its brakes in front of me, my car slams the brakes like its about to avoid a 30 car pile up. I hope they fix that in the future. To be honest I feel as though it is more dangerous as it is helpful at times.
Sounds like a problem with Eyesight, not Auto Start/Stop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Remember, Outback doesn't have 2nd-row air vents unless you got higher trim levels. Which is most for any family car so not sure why Subaru has decided otherwise.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts