Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first forester for the short term. a year to 18 months max. as i wanted something better and bigger than my 1.6 Focus and my forester came along at the right price at the wrong time. I was not really looking at changing my car at the time. I love the car and Subaru, and am very impressed. but am looking at either a legacy B spec or high spec forester. both about a years old to 18 months and much lower milage than i have at the moment.

My question. which would you have and why? I like both and love the 3ltr flat six of the legacy, but also like the forester. I am not looking at more than say 15k when I change

cheers

matt W

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was looking at the same kinds of issues when I changed some 8 months ago.
I tried Legacy and Forester - went with the Forester on the looks eventually and now - I'm hooked.

·
Registered
341 Posts
There is an easy solution to this.....just buy my Forester STi in 6 months when I move to Aus.

Mog

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Mog said:
There is an easy solution to this.....just buy my Forester STi in 6 months when I move to Aus.

Mog
If you're gonna let it go for £15k consider it already sold ;)

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Really depends on how you drive, what loads you need to carry, other passengers etc.
I had two Legacy's prior to the Forester, needed the luggage space on a regular basis plus 4 wheel grip. Could chuck the cars about and loads of grip.
Forester is a bit smaller but that's OK now, wife likes being higher up from the road and the slightly softer suspension is more comfortable. I find the seats better on a long trip. I'm sure that someone else will tell you the exact opposite ! As I said...personal preference...car/estate or suv.

Brian

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think whent he time comes I will just have to take both out and see. I don't do the miles but use my forester for loading up during shows ( kit cars bit and camping stuff) and also for pulling the caravan, trailer etc..

plus with the power its fun for just having a blast now and then

cheers guys

Matt W

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Spec B seems to average a shocking 19 mpg for most people.

Mog, pm me nearer the time if you're serious about selling your car as i may be interested.

·
Registered
341 Posts
chris said:
The Spec B seems to average a shocking 19 mpg for most people.

Mog, pm me nearer the time if you're serious about selling your car as i may be interested.
If all goes well it will be late Aug/early Sept.

Mog

·
..now Maidstone
MY14 Audi SQ5 8AT
2,398 Posts
I will definately be interested as well Mog...

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts