Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sg9 Forester Sti manual
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not had mine a year yet but due to a new arrival in the family I'm now forced to think about selling my dream car to get something boring again.The estate boot part is a fine size but I'm finding the rear seat room limited and although the ride is much improved after fitting refreshed shocks and Tein springs it's still not smooth.Its a 2006 Litchfield ith leather that's been on the forum for years under different number plates and sitting at 100k with huge history file.Without doing a full "what's it worth " thread are there any thoughts. I was kind of thinking £8500 ish?

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Haha.. what you shouuld do is find stock non-sti (n/a or xt) shocks which will be softer and more cushier for the new baby.

I was gona install mine with sti struts with prodrive springs, but im gona have to sell them.

i am assuming that new arrival in the family means first kid?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Second child now.When the first child came along I ran 2 forester but now with 2 children I think I need to change.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTE 5 speed manual
284 Posts
Can’t help thinking you’ve got it all wrong.....kid’s gotta be worth more money than the car and then you won’t need the space :lol:

(nice car by the way - good luck with the sale)

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,785 Posts
We had 2 kids. I had a New '69 Camaro that had waaay stiffer springs than any subaru made. We took both home from the hospital in the camaro. The rear-facing infant seat by GM was new at the time.

I guess folks were a bit tougher back then. At least the kids. :wink2:

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
585 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. Your reasons seem sound. If you can put up with the slightly cramped rear seats I'd suggest keeping it. The slightly jiggly ride might be useful when little one has trouble sleeping. :)

That seems like a good price.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2004 STi
209 Posts
I bought this car with the future in mind if we do have kids, I mean okay, mine is on standard shocks but Mrs thinks the car is really comfy so yours must be pretty stiff in comparison!? I suppose her reference point is a MX5 Mk1 on factory Bilstiens though... but saying that, I drove my 80+ year old grandparents around this weekend and they didn't fall apart (or complain). If your really sensitive to ride quality have you considered fitting air suspension instead?

In terms of space, its a bit tight for someone over 6ft but I think your kid is a long way off that for now :lol:

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
600 Posts
Youve got the same seating as a standard sedan, but with a much larger boot.
Same thing people have toted around families in for ages.

Seems like you’re over reacting.

With your tuner, racer looking mods, that subtracts from resale value, not adds to it. If youre serious, start reverting to stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's all standard bar the springs (I've kept the original springs) and running winter wheels as the original ones have just been refurbed so no "racer mods" here lol

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,536 Posts
Youve got the same seating as a standard sedan, but with a much larger boot.
Same thing people have toted around families in for ages.

Seems like you’re over reacting.

With your tuner, racer looking mods, that subtracts from resale value, not adds to it. If youre serious, start reverting to stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks like a standard fsti to me, that's how they come from the factory .
You don't have many in the states but that's how everyone rolls here .
Further more Litchfield is held in high regard and is vaunted tuner .

·
Registered
2004 Forester STi
73 Posts
I say try to keep - put on stock springs if the ride quality is a real issue - no-one has complained about the ride in mine. FSti is the perfect fast family car surly - you even have a towbar for the kids bikes!

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,974 Posts
Don't do it pal!!!! You'll be gutted as she's a beauty.

But if you decide to surely it's worth 10k of anyone's money all day.

Reactions: COSubieLuv

·
Registered
2005 Sti manual
133 Posts
Same here, had foresters since they were born to the current six foot+ 13 year old and always found it to be a good option for a family car. Friends and family have Range rovers and Volvo c90's and I always found the suspension in those to be wallowy and sickening!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the encouragement guys.Id be looking for about 8.5k-9k dependant on wheels etc which I think is fair for a Litchfield with full leather.I went for a brisk run last night and i couldnt help but smile as ive not been out in it for a while....and there lies the problem.Ill keep it for a bit but I can see it going in the late spring.
On another note with all my other foresters I've had a plan of modding to get near sti set up and power but with the sti I don't want to mod it for fear or de-valueing it.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,536 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement guys.Id be looking for about 8.5k-9k dependant on wheels etc which I think is fair for a Litchfield with full leather.I went for a brisk run last night and i couldnt help but smile as ive not been out in it for a while....and there lies the problem.Ill keep it for a bit but I can see it going in the late spring.
On another note with all my other foresters I've had a plan of modding to get near sti set up and power but with the sti I don't want to mod it for fear or de-valueing it.
it looks the **** why go any further?

·
Registered
2006 Forester sti M6
7 Posts
Don't sell it! Your kids will be fine. These FSTIs are the ultimate family car that a driver is happy to own. Endless regret if you let it go.

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT 4EAT
342 Posts
I say keep it! Especially since it’s an fsti. I may be jealous since we don’t have them here in the states but still haha.

I know here they have different slimline car seats that may fit better in an older forester versus the newer ones which I know have more space front to back and width wise in the back seats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts