Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 forester manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im new to the forum but not to subarus i just bought my first forester, a 98 s manual completletly stock.:rock:

i also just bought a set of 4 springs from a 03 impreza sport wrx :rock:

my question is; are my springs a direct bolt on for lowering or will i have (saggy butt)? :icon_question:

- as i have read on here some ppl r too low in the rear and need lift plates, also is it possible to stack strut mounts or (top hats) in the rear instead of lift plates, because i do have the strut mounts for the wrx springs:N_poke:

once again my combo is;

98 foz s manual, stock
&
03 impreza sport wrx springs w/ strut mounts

Thanks! any info/ opinion is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1997 Forester S/tb 5 speed
1,350 Posts
you'll have a saggy butt because you didn't get the wagon springss, but you can buy spacers so you wont.

Also... do you have struts? You can't just swap the springs the Forester struts are longer, you will need 02-03 struts too... You have the GD rear top hats you are saying? I don't know what you mean by stacking mounts

·
Registered
1998 forester manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya the springs are wagon springs the (impreza sport wrx) i thought was the only name for the wagon version of the impreza wrx lol.

so yes they r 03 wrx impreza sport wagon springs

i dont have struts i found the set of springs an rear top hats for 80 bucks the top hats r whatever comes stock on the wrx wagon

and i was wondering if you can use a top hat as a spacer. since i have an extra pair, id like to use them instead of buying or making spacers- if it will line up i could weld one on top of another or drill the bolt holes out and put long bolts through

thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1998 forester manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clinically Ill- your foz is hella clean man, mines black too il post before an after pics here in a month or so it should be done, the only mods im doing is the lowering black rims proly effect jizo they look prety clean in gloss black, and i have a large competition level bass sub amp and component collection. im doin the foz out in early 90's JL audio. i built a single reflex bandpass box for my 99 outback it should fit the foz, an it will house a 12 w0 an two 10 w0's. pure lanzar mono block power 1600 to the 12 an a 500 a piece to the 10's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts