Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Forester Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a Forester this past year and I am now noticing that the trunk sounds hollow and thunks every time I hit a minor or major bump. It's not my struts as I just had those replaced recently and, since winter has descended upon the midwest, there is a very high pitched and constant squeaking when going on a dirt road.
Now I pride myself in my problem solving skills, but I gave up and am now driving my parents' cars because I can no longer stand it. I have taken the jack out as and the crank as well, which actually made it worse, and removed the foam pieces and neither of which did a thing. Any ideas? I love this car and I really want to drive it again.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X 5MT MT
66 Posts
If it started right after the struts were replaced perhaps the struts were not reassembled correctly. Take it back and have the shop take a look... just noticed that you have the LLBean. Did you re-do the self-leveling struts or replace them with the standard assembly?

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Forester Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had them replace the self leveling, what are some signs that it would be the struts? I feel like the hollow sound is from the actual trunk, there's also a creaking sound that I'm pretty sure is coming from the suspension area in the right rear. Also, I have no idea what would be squeaking, and it only does it audibly when I'm on a dirt road or surface that shakes the car constantly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts